Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Moving the Robotiq Hand_E Gripper using the UR driver

Hello,

I have been trying to command my Robotiq "Hand-E" gripper using the option "Run on the robot". I believe I need to use the old driver shared in this link: https://robodk.com/files/upload/progrobo...ol-com.zip. When I connect the robot with the other more recent driver: https://robodk.com/files/upload/progrobodk-rq.zip I get an error message file not supported. But with the old version, no errors, and the gripper gets activated. The problem is when I run a program that calls a function like rq_move_and_wait( 255 ), the robot waits forever and the command never executes. So seems like the robot receive the script but is not able to read the commands related to the gripper. Although I can command robot movements of UR5e using the option "Run on robot" but nothing related to the gripper.
In contrast, if I "send the program to the robot"  the gripper can be controlled. Here are my driver's options settings attached and I would appreciate any help to help me control the gripper of my UR5e robot.

Attached Files Image(s)

To send the program calls from RoboDK to the robot using the driver you should check the option to Trigger program calls on the robot from the Tools-Options-Drivers tab.

If you still have issues, I recommend you to check the version of the URCaps required by your RobotiQ gripper and any messages you see in the logs (RoboDK log or the UR robot controller). If you can send us your RoboDK project file we can help you better.
(04-25-2024, 08:29 AM)Albert Wrote: To send the program calls from RoboDK to the robot using the driver you should check the option to Trigger program calls on the robot from the Tools-Options-Drivers tab.

If you still have issues, I recommend you to check the version of the URCaps required by your RobotiQ gripper and any messages you see in the logs (RoboDK log or the UR robot controller). If you can send us your RoboDK project file we can help you better.

Hello Albert,

I tried checking the box you mentioned but there is not change. I can see that the gripper gets activated when I connect the robot but not able to receive the commands and wainitng until timeout. I send a previous message with the file and the URCAP version and log from my Teachpendant. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rdk   RoboDK_Station.rdk (Size: 3.57 MB / Downloads: 14)
Can you share the log of the robot connection from RoboDK?
Did you place the progrobodk.script file in the RoboDK/bin directory?
I also want to know that. Have you found the answer to that?
(04-26-2024, 08:43 AM)Albert Wrote: Can you share the log of the robot connection from RoboDK?
Did you place the progrobodk.script file in the RoboDK/bin directory?

Hello,

Please check attached my Log file.

Attached Files
.txt   Log.txt (Size: 2.66 KB / Downloads: 6)
Can you manually edit this file:
C:/RoboDK/bin/progrobodk.script

On line 1982, replace prog_num by prog_id.
Code:
          if True:
            rq_move_and_wait(prog_id)
          end

Let me know if it fixes the issue. If not, we may need to manually update the header to match the RobotiQ tools for the version of your gripper.
Hello, thanks it kind of worked I believe. But now the problem I have is that it only works for the sub-program (independently running the close or open gripper) but if I use the main program it does not call the subprogram and stays waiting for the instruction but does not perform. I could take out write the calls every time in each of the movements but not very efficient this approach. Is there some other setting I could try?

Never Mind I just created a new main program and now I am able to call the functions. Might be a bug or something but now it is working. thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

Excellent! Thank you for letting us know.