Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Run on Robot problem

Hello!

Using RoboDK, we connected the UR3e robot to the computer, through an Ethernet connection. There were no problems with te connecting. The 'Get Position' and 'Move Joints' commands in RoboDK also work fine. The problem occurs when we want to use the option 'Run on Robot'. When I use this option and execute the robot program, it appears on the Teach Pendant 'Unexpected Instruction Restart Communication'. Maybe someone knows the solution for this problem.

Thanks and best regards!

MG
Hi Mitja,

When you do the "Connect to robot", you can press "Show log".

Can you try a "Run on robot" and post the content of the log?

Jeremy
Hello!

I found a problem. The problem is in the command 'Set Tool'. If this command is included in the robot program, then an error occurs 'Unexpected Instruction Restart Communication'. If this command is not included in the robot program, the program runs normally until the end. How can I fix this?

I am also interested in the following. I am currently sending the robot program from the PC to the robotic controller, directly from the RoboDK. We use the UR3e robot and MOVEP command. I'm wondering how fast we can send program points to keep things going normally. The robot program contains a huge number of points (the distance between the points is 0.1 mm), robot speed must be 50 mm/s. Are there any restrictions on sending the program from a PC to a robotic controller in this way. It is also worth mentioning that if I send the program on the controller, the robot moves faster than if I send points from the PC step by step (option Run on Robot).

Thanks and best regards!

MG
Hello!

I did some tests and noticed. If I load a robot program in the real robot controller and run it, the program works nicely, without stopping between program points. However, if I run the robot program from the RoboDK environment (option: Run on Robot), the robot stops (brakes) between individual program points. I use the moveP command (UR3e robot). How can we solve this problem?
In this case, it is a process application where the robot must move smoothly, without stopping.

Thanks and best regards!

MG
The best way to make a robot move smoothly while keeping speed constant is to generate a program (using MoveL or MoveP).

You can use the Universal Robots or the Universal Robots URP post processor.

Make sure to use a rounding radius greater than 0 mm (for example, 2 mm or 5 mm) and your points are reasonably spaced:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Programs.html#InsSmooth
Hello!

We currently using the moveP command (we want a constant movement speed). If I load the program on the robot controller, then the robot moves smoothly (works as expected). However, when I send a program from the RoboDK environment (Option: Run on Robot), the robot does not move smoothly - it seems that the robot stops between program points. I wonder why such a difference occurs, even though I use the same program in both cases. Could the reason be that in the case of ‘Run on Robot’ RoboDK send robot program point by point?

Thanks and best regards!

MG
Hi Mitja,

Using the "Run on robot" feature will prevent you from having a smooth path as all movement commands are streamed one by one to the controller.
The only way to have access to the blending is by generating and uploading the program on the robot controller.

Jeremy