Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Run python script on Dobot CR5

Hi, I've been trying to run a python script generated by RoboDK in visual studio to control a DOBOT CR5, however an error keeps appearing saying "no module name DobotDllType". I couldn't find any resources that could help address my problem. The python script has been attached below as well as a screenshot from the terminal indicating the error. How can I resolve this issue? 

I have also been having trouble using the ctrl +f6 function to upload the program to the robot straight away, I was able to successfully connect the robot using the connect robot function in RoboDK.  What could be the problem there as well as how would I fix it?

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.py   Prog1.py (Size: 4.31 KB / Downloads: 372)
Hi,

As far as I know, we don't have a working driver or post-processor for the Dobot CR5.
It's something we are working on, but it's not released yet.
The only official thing we have is for the educational, tabletop Dobot robots.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

So does that mean both running the dobot from robodk itself and using python script generated by robodk won't work?

Would it be possible if I were to just take python script generated by robodk and make some modifications to it to have it work?

Also are you guys working on a robot driver for the CR lineup of Dobots, or planning to?

Thanks.
For now, only simulation works.

Yes, we are working on the driver too.
Maybe after Christmas, if our devs find enough free time. Fingers cross.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel