Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Select multiple robots

Hi all,

Is it in any way possible to select multiple robots and move them at same time,from the robot panel?
I know there is the example with the 3 robots in sync (i was there).
But that is not what i'm looking for.

Thanks in advance

Rick
Event Robotics
Hi Rick,

Do you mean you would like to move 1 robot and the other follows exactly the same move?
I assume you also want to move the real robots as well. Correct?

We can help you prepare a script to have this "mirror" effect.

Albert
HI Albert,

Yes that would be great.
Moving the robots for real would be a nice to have, but it's not a must.
We have set up station with 22 robots, it's getting a little crowded with robot pannels. :)

Thanks!

Rick
Hi Rick,

I attached a sample project and a script to copy the motion from one robot to other robots. I tested it with 4 robots and 20 robots. See attached video that shows how it works.

By the way, nice project with 22 robots! Let us know how the event goes.

Albert

Attached Files
.rdk   KUKA-Move-All-Sample.rdk (Size: 3.15 MB / Downloads: 512)
.rdk   KUKA-Move-All-Sample-20-robots.rdk (Size: 15.74 MB / Downloads: 409)
.py   Mirror_Robots.py (Size: 1.16 KB / Downloads: 515)
.mp4   KUKA-Move-All-Script.mp4 (Size: 1.83 MB / Downloads: 568)
Big Thanks !!
Works great.

Rick
(09-22-2020, 11:11 PM)Albert Wrote: Hi Rick,

I attached a sample project and a script to copy the motion from one robot to other robots. I tested it with 4 robots and 20 robots. See attached video that shows how it works.

By the way, nice project with 22 robots! Let us know how the event goes.

Albert

Hi

That's a great script. Am looking for something similar except I need the other robot to act in reverse of the control robot. So as the control robot moved forward, the mirror robot moves back etc. Is there a way to modify the script to do this? Teh eventual idea is I have two robots either side of an object, one has an x-ray emitter on it and the other a board to bounce the signal off, they need to move in a circular motion around the object in perfect sync.  So as one moves left, the other is on the opposite site moving right until they both cover 180 degrees each. I think your script will do it, I just can't figure out how to change it to do what I described above. 

thanks
Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,

This is possible I think, but it will require more than just the script Albert sent as it's not as simple as updating the joint values "backward" for the second robot.
I think your script should be "position" based and not "joint" based as it's the case right now.
If the distance between the robot EOAT needs to be constant, it should be quite easy to calculate the position of Rob2 considering the position of Rob1 at all time.
The concept of the infinite loop should stay the same.

Jeremy
(10-08-2020, 03:49 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Jonathan,

This is possible I think, but it will require more than just the script Albert sent as it's not as simple as updating the joint values "backward" for the second robot.
I think your script should be "position" based and not "joint" based as it's the case right now.
If the distance between the robot EOAT needs to be constant, it should be quite easy to calculate the position of Rob2 considering the position of Rob1 at all time.
The concept of the infinite loop should stay the same.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

Thought it might be more complicated. I will keep hacking away at it. 

Jon