Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Send the printing speed to the robot controller of FANUC

Hi: 
I want to use RoboDK to generate an offline program, and then  copy this program to the teach pendant  achieving 3D printing.

Currently,  by modifying Programe Events "Extruder(%1)" as the input and output instructions, I can save the E value in the LS file. 

When the LS file is executed, the E value  can be sent to the robot controller.

I wonder if we can use a similar method to save the printing speed as the  input and output instructions (viz. as (%1)). 

Thank you very much.

Loaferhit
Hi Loaferhit,

I'm not so sure to understand your question.
If there's a set speed in the G-code you are using, it will be transferred to the robot controller via the LS file as each motion has it's speed command.

What kind of integration are you trying to achieve?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Loaferhit,

I assume that you are talking about the F value of a G1 command (it's called feed rate) ? If so, I believe this parameter is also taking care of by RoboDK's program events. If I remember correctly, it will create a "setSpeed()" instruction with the F value.

JFCh
Hi JFCh,

Yes, I think he got confused a bit between the robot speed and the extruder feeding rate.
Here's another one of his posts.
https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-Extruder...31#pid6931

Maybe you can take a look to make sure I didn't say anything stupid.
I know robotics, but 3D printing, not so much.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi JFCh and Jeremy:

I want to send the feed speed of the robot (viz. F value of a G1 command) and the extrusion speed of the extruder to the PLC at the same time. we want to use PLC to synchronize these two speeds. Now I don't know how to convert the robot's feed speed into I/O instructions.

As JFCh said, can "setSpeed()"  be used to convert the feed rate? I tried it and don't know how to create a "setSpeed()" instruction with the F value.
thank you very much!!!
Loaferhit
Hi Loaferhit,

The feed rate is already converted to setSpeed, this is automatically handled by RoboDK. You don't need to do anything about it.
For the extruder speed, as we already said, RoboDK will transfer this information as a program call "Extruder(extrusion speed)".
You then need to create a program on your controller called "Extruder" to catch the extrusion speed and send it to your PLC.
There's not much more I can say about that.

Jeremy