Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Simulating Mobile Robots

Hello everyone.

As of late I've been working working with some AMRs, and was wondering if someone had any experience simulating mobile robots in RoboDK. I'm trying to find a decent solution to translational and rotational movement, and maybe some primitive path following. The end goal is to simulate a cobot mounted atop an AMR.

Attached is my current, imperfect solution: a rotational axis attached to a tilted T-bot. It's pretty wonky, but it gets the job done. Is there a way to combine these mechanisms into one, as well as making cartesian robot targets work regardless of the AMR's orientation?

Attached Files
.rdk   Mobile Cobot Forum Station.rdk (Size: 792.85 KB / Downloads: 517)
(04-21-2020, 09:10 AM)Fredrik Wrote: Hello everyone.

As of late I've been working working with some AMRs, and was wondering if someone had any experience simulating mobile robots in RoboDK. I'm trying to find a decent solution to translational and rotational movement, and maybe some primitive path following. The end goal is to simulate a cobot mounted atop an AMR.

Attached is my current, imperfect solution: a rotational axis attached to a tilted T-bot. It's pretty wonky, but it gets the job done. Is there a way to combine these mechanisms into one, as well as making cartesian robot targets work regardless of the AMR's orientation?

Interesting... What was the solution for this?
It is currently not possible to create mobile robots or AGVs with the Model mechanism or robot menu. We'll add this feature very soon. In the meantime, if you send us an email and we can show you a workaround so you can create AGV mechanisms like the one attached.

Attached Files
.rdk   MiR100.rdk (Size: 3.88 MB / Downloads: 447)
Hello Albert, 

I hope you are doing well. 

I found this AVG station very interesting and I was wondering if mobile robots are still a subject of interest for RoboDK développement. If not, is there a tutorial on how to model such mechanisms?

Best regards, 
Aymane
It is possible to model AGVs with the latest version of RoboDK. You can follow these steps:
  1. Select Utilities-Model mechanism or robot
  2. Select 4 axes mobile robot (AGV)
  3. Choose the parts of your AGV (they can all be none and you simply provide the 3D model of your AGV as joint 4)
You can also block axis 3 if you don't have a vertical axis (set the joint limits to 0 mm).