Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Simulation Output to use in SolidWorks Motion

Hello all

When "Generating the Robot Program (F6), what is the best "Post Processor" output to allow that data to be imported into Solidworks Motion or Matlab?

The output should give at least:
- Time stamp
- Accelerations
- Position of all joints

This data will ultimately be used to calculate joint torques.

Thank you in advance for your help
Allen
Hi Allen,

Most post processors in RoboDK output point to point movements (each move instruction is one point), then, the robot creates its own path using the motion planner.

However, the RSI post processor outputs a generic program AND a "control" file which includes a point at desired/constant steps (in mm, deg or time). This is accomplished using the API call to InstructionListJoints on a program.

I attached an example of the outputs.

Albert

Attached Files
.txt   DrillingPart.txt (Size: 3.21 KB / Downloads: 454)
.zip   DrillingPart.txt.zip (Size: 83.72 KB / Downloads: 432)
(12-02-2019, 05:13 PM)Albert Wrote: Hi Allen,

Most post processors in RoboDK output point to point movements (each move instruction is one point), then, the robot creates its own path using the motion planner.

However, the RSI post processor outputs a generic program AND a "control" file which includes a point at desired/constant steps (in mm, deg or time). This is accomplished using the API call to InstructionListJoints on a program.

I attached an example of the outputs.

Albert

Thanks Albert but I have a follow up question as I am under the gun to get output position and time stamps. I did the suggestion above and got the attached output. You will see the (this post only support 6-axis....)
- Any thoughts on why?
- Also how best to integrate these two files to ultimately as they are much different formats.
Thanks in advance Albert
Allen
There is no file attached.

Jeremy
Sorry Jeremy
Attached
Allen

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Allen,

I improved this post processor so it works with any number of axes and outputs time deltas. You should be able to use it with custom mechanisms as well. Keep in mind that timings are based on a uniformly accelerated motion and they are estimates (position vs. speed is a trapezium). If you use a rounding instruction it assumes the speed is kept constant.

More information here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/General.html#CycleTime

You'll obtain 2 files. The one you can use is the "control" file (it is in CSV format). You can ignore the other one.

Albert

Attached Files
.zip   RSI.zip (Size: 4.78 KB / Downloads: 434)
I am currently using the "MonitorJoints" macro command that I didn't know existed. That seems to be helpful.
Thank you
Allen

Hi Albert
I just saw your replay, sorry. I will also try your file

Thank you
Allen

Hi Albert
I tried your new file.
Please see the attachment. Is this the data you would expect to see?

Sorry, wouldn't let me attach the file. I emailed it to you.
Hi Allen,
I believe Jeremy was in touch with you by email. Let us know if you need more help. If you can share the RDK file it would be best.
Thank you,
Albert
Thank you Albert. I am not sure Jeremy addressed this one but it is on me to send you the file. At this point, I am using the "MonitorJoints" macro to output the data. If I find that isn't cutting it, I will send you the file. I just don't want to take up too much of your time on this one.
Thank you
Allen