Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TCP+Z CALIBRATION

Hi there,

I'm sure there is an increadibly simple answer to this, but I'm going to ask as I've searched high and low for the answer.

I understand how to use DKs Calibrate TCP feature, (Great) but what for the life of me I can't work out is how to set the tool orientation via calibration. 

I.e normally when offline programming with the ABB arm the control will calculate TCP+Z by using an elongator on the Z axis. How is this done in DK please?

James
(07-12-2020, 02:50 PM)jyardley Wrote: No one know about this?

Hi there,

I'm sure there is an increadibly simple answer to this, but I'm going to ask as I've searched high and low for the answer.

I understand how to use DKs Calibrate TCP feature, (Great) but what for the life of me I can't work out is how to set the tool orientation via calibration. 

I.e normally when offline programming with the ABB arm the control will calculate TCP+Z by using an elongator on the Z axis. How is this done in DK please?

James
Hi James,

We don't have this feature in RoboDK. It is my understanding that the Z axis is defined in a very approximate way using the teach pendant. In RoboDK you can visually align the rotation of the TCP by holding the Alt+Shift key.

Otherwise, how would you suggest us to add the TCP Z calibration feature in RoboDK?

Albert
(07-14-2020, 11:26 AM)Albert Wrote: Hi Albert,

Thanks for the reply... On the pendant it's a case of measure five points to define the TCP and then fit an elongator point to tool holder in the direction of the z axis, take a last point and from there the control is aware of the z axis orientation. This can also be done for the X & Z axis... 

I was just surprised there was no way in DK to do this from the TCP calibration screens, how do others for example align a milling cutter so that it sits bang on perpendicular to a worksurface?

Hi James,

We don't have this feature in RoboDK. It is my understanding that the Z axis is defined in a very approximate way using the teach pendant. In RoboDK you can visually align the rotation of the TCP by holding the Alt+Shift key.

Otherwise, how would you suggest us to add the TCP Z calibration feature in RoboDK?

Albert