Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tool Orientation in Machining Program

Hello Everyone,

I am currently working on exporting a 5-axis robot machining path from HSMworks and importing it into RoboDK. As illustrated in the first image (captured from the HSMworks Simulation), the tool executes a circular motion around the cone, maintaining constant contact with the cone’s surface. 

However, upon exporting the NCCode and importing it into RoboDK, the tool does not retain the correct orientation. This can be observed in the following image. The likely cause of this is the path normals, which are all parallel. Ideally, these normals should consistently point in the direction of the cone.

My query is: Is there a way in RoboDK to adjust this tool orientation and modify the normal orientation? I understand that it’s possible to alter the normal orientation when importing a path, but in this instance, I am importing an NC Code.

I greatly appreciate your support. Thank you, Dario
It looks like the normals were not exported properly from HSM works. You should use a generic APT or G-code post processor (ideally setting the normals as ijk vectors).

What post processor did you use with HSMworks? Can you share the NC code and the RDK project file?
(02-16-2024, 10:31 AM)Albert Wrote: It looks like the normals were not exported properly from HSM works. You should use a generic APT or G-code post processor (ideally setting the normals as ijk vectors).

What post processor did you use with HSMworks? Can you share the NC code and the RDK project file?

Hello,
Thank you for the answer.
Currently as post-processor for HSM works I am using the "Universal_Robots" post processor.
I attach the NC Code.

Thank you so much!
Dario

Attached Files
.nc   Swarf1.nc (Size: 15.52 KB / Downloads: 29)
RoboDK won't be able to read these ABC rotation properly.

Do you have other post processors? For example: APT, CamPlete, G-code, XYZ, XYZijk, ...