Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tools orientation for 3d printing Aplication

Dear RobodDK,

I'm currently trying a 3d printing project using the “curve follow project” with ABB Robot. As for the problem I'm facing is it's difficult to determine the orientation of the tools on the Z axis as desired, I've tried several solutions from the thread Variable tool frame offset  and Tools Z rotation along curve for select a bunch instruction and change the Rz, and it works for 1 layer, but how to implement the solution easily on the layers above it, is it Is there an easier solution so you don't have to do it layer by layer?

or RoboDK had another different solution?

thanks a lot
You can copy/paste curve follow project settings from one project to another. This operation can also be automated using the API.

If you can share your RDK project it will help us better understand what you are trying to do.
(02-22-2023, 09:30 AM)Albert Wrote: You can copy/paste curve follow project settings from one project to another. This operation can also be automated using the API.

If you can share your RDK project it will help us better understand what you are trying to do.
Hello Albert, 

Thanks for your replay, i was trying 3d printing simulation like in my attachment, and the wall (what we want to print) was between existing wall, so we need different tools orientation at each side (left/ right) like in the picture, so the tools not collide with existing walls. i think this case was same when we use the g-code too not just the curve follow project.

i was try with minimum tool orientation change and tool orientation follows path too, but the orientation was not like what we need, iwas trying too with other solution like my last post, but it too hard because this 3d print project had so many layer.

i never use the custom API too, because I'm new with RoboDK. Hope you can help me with the solution. thanks

Regards,
Irham

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

.rdk   try 3d print wall (2).rdk (Size: 2.88 MB / Downloads: 156)
Hello Everyone,

This is  video of tool orientation from what we want to achieve, not just 1 layer, but we stilll didnt know how to multiply the layer automatically above it. 

Thanks

Attached Files
.mp4   screen-capture (3).mp4 (Size: 6.07 MB / Downloads: 120)
(02-22-2023, 09:30 AM)Albert Wrote: You can copy/paste curve follow project settings from one project to another. This operation can also be automated using the API.

hi Albert, 

can you give us the example for automated it with python API with our robodk station in attachment?

thanks