Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trying to move a real UR5 robot using RoboDK

Hello,

I am using robodk to control a UR5 (CB 3 Controller) robot. I am able to establish a connection through filezilla client. The connection says ready on robodk. However, when I click on 'movejoints' the connection fails. I have read the documentation and fully understand that the joints on the real robot must match the one in the simulation but even after gettitng everything right the connection is still failing. 

Could you please help me with this? 

Thanks and regards,
kratos
Hi Kratos,

Strange, but let see what we can do.

A few questions here:
After the connection is established in RoboDK ("Ready"), are you able to use the "Get Position" command? Does it retrieve the robot position from the real robot and apply them to the simulated one?
Is the driver program properly running on the UR controller? (It should be sent automatically by RDK to the controller)
Did you make sure the remote control is enabled? (https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-Univers...moteEnable) It should be by default for a CB3, but we never know.

Before connection to the robot, press "CTRL"+"ALT"+"SHIFT"+"G" to enter developer mode.
Try connecting to the robot and running a MoveJ. Once it fails, send the content of the Log file ("Connection window"->"Show Log").

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hello Jeremy,

To answer your first question... No, After the connection is established and It says "Ready", The connection fails as soon as I click on  "Get Position" command.

I am not sure about the driver program running on the robot controller.. could you please let me know how to check it?

Since I am using CB3 controller, I presume that the remote control is enabled. However, I do not know how to check this for CB3 since the documentation only talks about e-series robots.

I haven't gotten the chance to visit my lab the past week however, I will be going in tomorrow. So I will try the developer mode you suggested and post the content of the log file by tomorrow at the earliest.

Kratos
Hi Kratos,

There should simply be a program starting automatically on the robot.
Therefore, if you try to do anything with the teach, using the robot in free drive or jog it, it should prevent you to do so because a program is running.

I could be wrong, but I think the print screen we have in the doc should give you a pretty good idea of where to look on a CB3.
In any case, there are not that many options in a UR, you should be able to find it by looking around the options menu.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,

When you say disable the remote control... are you referring to disable the teach pendant itself? I am asking because I found this documentation online for disable/enable CB3 controller: https://www.universal-robots.com/article...h-pendant/

Regards,
Kratos
Hi Kratos,

No, I'm talking about enabling the remote control (or at least, making sure it's enabled as it should be by default)

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your resposne. It is working perfect now!

It turned out to be a driver issue and I hadnt turned off my wifi which somehow was interfering with the connection.

Regards,
Sagar
Good to know that it's now working.

Have a great day and enjoy your project.

Jeremy