Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UR and UR moveP post processors

Hi,

I have run into an issue when I generate a robot program. I am using the UR10 robot to move continuously through a set of points. To achieve the intended movement I am using Universal Robots moveP post-processor(RoboDK v5.2.4.), but for some unknown reason, blend radius parameter in moveP command is set to 0.000. This problem doesn't appear if I use an older UR moveP post processor which can be found here: (https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-Curve-Fo...=processor).

[Image: PP2020.png]

[Image: PP2021.png]

Thank you,
GreenGuy
This isn't really a bug.

We had some issues with the UR where if you use a blending greater than 40% of the distance between 2 points, it would create some very weird behavior.
So we added a filter.

As I can see the filter is more of a boolean gate, like blending or no blending.

The quick solution would be to reduce the blending value used in RDK.

Otherwise, I can see if we can improve the post-processor to use a bit more finesse in our filtering.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

I looked at it and everything seems fine on my end.

Could you send me the .rdk station so that I look at your specific situation.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi,

Here is the .rdk station.

.rdk   Test_PostPrecessor_MoveP.rdk (Size: 2.56 MB / Downloads: 375)

I understand that if I set the Rounding value too high it will be reduced to 40% of the distance between 2 points.

[Image: PP2020-Too-Big-Blend-Radius.png]

Here I set the Rounding value to 0.050, which is too high because the distance between 2 points is 45mm (I think). As a result, the value is reduced to 0.018.

[Image: PP2021-1mm-Blend-Radius.png]

[Image: PP2021-Too-Big-Blend-Radius.png]

But when I use the latest Post Processor instead of an older one, the Rounding value is always set to 0.000.

GreenGuy
Hi,
Is there an update on the issue about the Rounding value?

GreenGuy
I am also having this issue, is there a way to resolve it?
Hi Audrey,

Can you contact me via email?
I would like to run a few tests with you to see if this behavior is even required with the E series controller.

Jeremy

Hi, 

I ended up updating my version of RoboDK and I stopped having that issue.