Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UR3 3D printing post processor

Hello,

I see that there is a post processor for the extruder flow rates and travel speeds, but how would I control the temperature of the hot end through the board when it is connected to the UR3 control panel?

How would I get robodk to read the temperature and know when to begin the print?

Best,
Robert
You can trigger custom commands to drive your extruder. These commands can be blocking (for example to wait for the nozzle temperature to attain certain speed) or non-blocking (for example, to change the extruder feed).

These commands are usually driven by custom M codes or G codes. You can convert these codes to program calls in your UR script. This may require custom edits to your UR post processor.

Are you generating your 3D prints by using G-cdoe? What software are you using? It would help if you can send us a sample G-code file and your RDK project file.

You'll find more information about how to integrate custom M codes here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Machinin...ningEvents
(04-07-2023, 08:23 AM)Albert Wrote: You can trigger custom commands to drive your extruder. These commands can be blocking (for example to wait for the nozzle temperature to attain certain speed) or non-blocking (for example, to change the extruder feed).

These commands are usually driven by custom M codes or G codes. You can convert these codes to program calls in your UR script. This may require custom edits to your UR post processor.

Are you generating your 3D prints by using G-cdoe? What software are you using? It would help if you can send us a sample G-code file and your RDK project file.

You'll find more information about how to integrate custom M codes here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Machinin...ningEvents

Hello Albert,

Thank you for your response. I am using the slicer that RoboDK uses to simplify the process. Where would I make the changes within the post processor? My RDK project file is too large in size to attach. Could I email it to you?

Thank you