Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UR5e MoveP online

Hi,
I am using a UR5e for laser cutting in my bachelor thesis. To keep the tcp as constant as possible, I wanted to use the moveP function. Unfortunately, I have only been able to create moveL, moveC and moveJ via robodk online programming.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks.
Hi,

Yes, there is. 

You can add a program call named "usemovep" to switch from the default MoveL to the MoveP. 
You can add a program call named "usemovel" to switch back to the default behavior. 

See picture:

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,
thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately this doesn‘t help. The Robot still executes a movel command After selecting „run on Robot“ and „run“. To clarify i just insert a „Programm Call“ with the Name „usemovep“,Right?
I also did read in a other post to change the „MOVEL_WITH_MOVEP“ in the apiur.exe.ini to true. This doesn‘t helped either.

Benedikt
This does not work if you are using the driver ("Run on robot"). That's for post-processed code. (When you actually generate URP or Script file).

There's a program automatically running on the controller when the driver is active, some kind of "listening" program, maybe you can look to change it in a way that is used MoveP instead of MoveL. I can't remember if you can access the program from the UR teach pendant or if this is locked under our compiled driver.
Just keep in mind that you won't have a fluid motion between points using the driver, as they's a handshake between RDK and the controller at the end of each motion.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Ah okay, i understand.
Well, thank you very much.

Benedikt