Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Vertical Gantry System with Two Robot Mounts Challenge

I am trying to create a vertical gantry system that has two robots on each side. Since I could not have two robot bases moving at the same time on one vertical beam. I made two mechanisms on top of each other that move separately. My problem now is how can I make both of the vertical beams in sync so I can achieve two robot mounts moving along one vertical beam? Each Beam is already synchronized with the two robots. Attached is screenshots of my work space. 

Is your end goal just simulation or is it offline programming?
In any way, you will need to use the API to achieve such a result.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(06-30-2021, 10:53 AM)Jeremy Wrote: Is your end goal just simulation or is it offline programming?
In any way, you will need to use the API to achieve such a result.

Jeremy

Hello Jeremy. My end goal is to create a simulation of the two robots picking up parts on either side. I am not familiar with API for RoboDK. Is there anything you know or code available that can simulate both robots/gantries moving at the same time?
The first thing to do would be to look at the API documentation. 

https://robodk.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/intro.html

You can also look at this example. 
I used the API to synch to linear rail with a 1:2 ratio to create a pillar. 

Jeremy

Attached Files
.rdk   Omron_TM_Palletization_Range_Extender_Pillar_Final.rdk (Size: 2.03 MB / Downloads: 276)
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel