Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Yaskawa External Axis Control - YRC100

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to a GP180 with a coordinated external axis rotary table (the external axis control/drive is integrated into the YRC1000 controller).

Everything works well when I connect to the robot only (The Robot and Rotator aren't synchronized within RoboDK). I'm able to get robot positions, move the joints, and run programs using an online connection.

When I synchronize the Robot and external axis in RoboDK, I get an invalid joint error for axis 7 in the log. I have tried using both apimotoman (using MotoCom) and motomanHSE drivers. Images of the logs and connection settings are attached. Both drivers work when using the robot by itself.

I have the pulses/degree information for the external axis loaded into the post processor, but I haven't been able to find a way to link the pulses/degree information for the external axis to the robot driver. Is this handled in the post processor or should I enter pulses/degree data elsewhere?

Are there any setting available to allow us to use our synchronized system with an online connection? If so, this would be extremely help for investigating/troubleshooting some machining tolerance variations that we're currently experiencing.

I can email the ALL.PRM file for our system if that will help with troubleshooting. It won't allow me to attach it to this thread. Please advise if any additional files would be helpful.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Brent

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yaskawa/Motoman robots require the pulses/degree information to be provided in the parameters menu.

Make sure to follow these steps to properly enter this information:
  1. Remove synchronization with your robot
  2. Make sure your external axes start with the name Motoman (otherwise you won't see the pulses/degree column)
  3. Double click your turntable mechanism
  4. Select Parameters
  5. Select Unlock advanced options
  6. Enter the pulses/degree ratio (see attached image)
  7. Select OK
  8. Synchronize your robot arm with the external axes and start the connection with the driver

(08-31-2020, 06:29 PM)Albert Wrote: Yaskawa/Motoman robots require the pulses/degree information to be provided in the parameters menu.

Make sure to follow these steps to properly enter this information:
  1. Remove synchronization with your robot
  2. Make sure your external axes start with the name Motoman (otherwise you won't see the pulses/degree column)
  3. Double click your turntable mechanism
  4. Select Parameters
  5. Select Unlock advanced options
  6. Enter the pulses/degree ratio (see attached image)
  7. Select OK
  8. Synchronize your robot arm with the external axes and start the connection with the driver

Thanks, Albert!

I didn't realize that the rotary table had to start with Motoman. I was looking everywhere for a place to enter pulses/degree. Also, I didn't mean to post this in the bug section. Sorry about that.
We'll release a new version this week and you won't have to do this workaround with the new version.