Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

issue of Connection to UR5e

Hello,

I would like to connect RoboDK to an UR5e to run some programmes. 

First, I put in the IP and it showed that 'Ping to *** (IP)  SUCCEEDED'.

Secondly,  after clicking 'connection', it showed 'waiting' and the log file said 
'*** (IP):30000 Can't connect to ***(IP):30002 to send program
Can't start client program on robot...'

For this, I managed to allow RoboDK to communicate through Windows Defender firewall. But it still did not work.

I am wondering if you may advise? Cheers!
Did you enable remote mode on the Teach Pendant?
(02-13-2023, 03:41 PM)Alex Wrote: Did you enable remote mode on the Teach Pendant?

Yes. I did.

I just realised that this UR5e did not have any IP shown in 'About' of the Teacher Pendant. Perhaps I misunderstood the IP shown in MODBUS. Do I need to connect Ethernet to the UR5e controller first?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello,

I managed to connect and ping RoboDK with UR5e via Ethernet using static addresses. It looks better but still shows 'waiting' only after clicking 'connect'. The log file said
'Server established: ***.***.0.1:30000
Connected to ***.***.0.2:30002. Sending program :/progrobodk.script...
Updating computer IP on program: ***.***.0.1
Updating computer port on program: 30000
Program sent.
Waiting...'

I am wondering what this message means and what I should do at this point? Thank you for your advice.
Hello,

I checked the log file in UR teaching pendant and attached the photo here.

It looks like RoboDK is connected to UR but could not take any action. I am wondering if you may advise what the issue is and how to sort it out?

Cheers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Is the connection status in RoboDK showing "Waiting..." ?

Can you provide us with the log messages you see in RoboDK?
(02-28-2023, 11:08 AM)Albert Wrote: Is the connection status in RoboDK showing "Waiting..." ?

Can you provide us with the log messages you see in RoboDK?

Hi Albert, Thank you very much. Yes it shows 'waiitng...'. Log file is attached below

Sending command...
Available local IP addresses (IPv4):
***.***.***.***
Server established: 192.168.0.1:30000
Connected to 192.168.0.2:30002. Sending program :/progrobodk.script...
Updating computer IP on program: 192.168.0.1
Updating computer port on program: 30000
Program sent.
Waiting...

The above is what happened when running from my working laptop which IT already allowed apiur to communicate through firewall (we cannot turn firewall off though). Today I just tried the same method using my personal laptop and found that everything worked smoothly including connection to UR5e and running RoboDK programm using driver. I can see the log file there having some lines which never showed up in my working laptop:

Starting robot driver: C:/RoboDK/api/robot/apiur.exe
Starting...
RoboDK driver for UR v3.9.0

So I came to the conclusion that there is still something blocking RoboDK in my working laptop (even I ran RoboDK as admin). It would be very helpful if you could advise.

Also, I would like to run Robotiq vacuum gripper directly from RoboDK in laptop. It would be much appreciated if you could refer to the relevant document/tutorial/guidance for doing this. Cheers!