Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

problem when running a simulation in a real kuka robot

Hi dmmaya,

You are moving in the right direction. The images you sent are very helpful. Assuming the rail and the turntable are properly modeled, you can move the base of the turntable to match the Cartesian position of the tool with respect to the turntable.

It looks like you need to rotate 180 deg around Z and adjust the X and Y coordinates as shown in the image attached (note that the X coordinate is positive in the teach pendant).

The Tool Frame with respect to the Reference Frame is the same Cartesian position you should see in the teach pendant. So you can enter the joint angles of your robot and make sure to match the Cartesian position.

Ideally, you should retrieve the root position of the turntable from the controller and enter it directly given XYZABC values. You should do the same with the turntable mechanism and linear track.

Important: Every time you make a change in the root position of the turntable you should right click the robot, select "Synchronize External Axes" and simply select OK. This will update the coordinates in your robot panel.

Hi Albert

In my controller I have these root positions (root point and root point numeric are equal) for the turntable and the linear track, running simulated programs on the real robot I still have problems when the turntable rotates, the robot becomes disoriented and does not perform the planned trajectories.

Would an option be to dock the turntable as an external TCP? and how could I do it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-12-2020, 11:09 PM)dmmaya Wrote: Hi Albert

In my controller I have these root positions (root point and root point numeric are equal) for the turntable and the linear track, running simulated programs on the real robot I still have problems when the turntable rotates, the robot becomes disoriented and does not perform the planned trajectories.

Would an option be to dock the turntable as an external TCP? and how could I do it?

I made the calibration of the turntable and I got the following values, but I keep having errors in my simulation

The root point of the turntable should not be the same as the position of the linear track.
Can you provide more information on what menu you use for the calibrations?

See attached sample image where you can setup the calibration of external axes in a KUKA KRC4 controller.

Hi Albert

followed the process of "calibrating the root point" described in the book "KUKA System Software 8.2" to test the operation of the base that is created in the process (on pages 113 and 114, attached screenshots)
take the measured root of the turntable from the same menu "External kinematic system" after the calibration, before it had the values of 0 in XYZABC, different from the trail