Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

setAcceleration issue when Generating Robot Program for Fanuc

I am getting an error log (see attached) when trying to set acceleration in my simulation and generating a program for Fanuc robot.

Hence the generated LS file does not contain acceleration info.

The robot post processor is Fanuc RJ3 and my robot is Fanuc ARC Mate 120D

Anyone know what's going on?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I don't think it is possible to specify accelerations in an LS program. You may need to change a system variable for this purpose.

If you want to generate programs without seeing a warning you should not alter the acceleration. Instead, I recommend you to set the speed and use the rounding instruction to specify how you want the robot to behave around edges to maintain a constant speed while compromising speed.

Also, it looks like you have Fanuc Roboguide WinOLPC tools. If you run setrobot you'll be able to obtain a TP file automatically. You can find more information here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-Fanuc.html#LSvsTP
(11-27-2023, 08:52 AM)Albert Wrote: I don't think it is possible to specify accelerations in an LS program. You may need to change a system variable for this purpose.

If you want to generate programs without seeing a warning you should not alter the acceleration. Instead, I recommend you to set the speed and use the rounding instruction to specify how you want the robot to behave around edges to maintain a constant speed while compromising speed.

Also, it looks like you have Fanuc Roboguide WinOLPC tools. If you run setrobot you'll be able to obtain a TP file automatically. You can find more information here:

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

I guess there's no way out here and I'll have to add the accelerations myself for 100+ waypoints
(11-28-2023, 05:38 AM)xuan9793 Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 08:52 AM)Albert Wrote: I don't think it is possible to specify accelerations in an LS program. You may need to change a system variable for this purpose.

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

I guess there's no way out here and I'll have to add the accelerations myself for 100+ waypoints

I've checked with Fanuc support, by adding ACC[number] behind the move commands in LS file will do the job.

I've tried manually adding ACC20 to it and converted it to TP and it does shows up. So is it possible to modify the robodk Fanuc post processor to make this happen?
OK great, I didn't know this was an option. It is possible to customize the post processor for this purpose. We can help you better by email. 

If you have a professional license you can contact us through Help-Request support and we can take care of this modification for you.