Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

setParentStatic / AttachClosest postprocessor

Hello,

I got a problem when i try to get an element in a python-script with AttachClosest() like this:

Code:
    block = g_gripper.AttachClosest()
    block.setParentStatic(f_tower)

In the simulation, I can work with the object "block", but as soon as i try to generate the offline programm, I get following error:

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/pythonscript.py", line 79, in move_block(block01, 1, 1, false)
    File "C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/pythonscript.py", line 29, in move_block
    block.setParentStatic(f_tower)
    File "C:\RoboDK\Python\robolink\robolink.py", line 3822, in setParentStatic
    self.link._check_status()
    File "C:\RoboDK\Python\robolink\robolink.py", line 744, in _check_status
    raise Exception(selft.LAST_STATUS_MESSAGE)
    Exception: Invalid item provided: The item indetifier provided is not valid or it does not exists.

It seems like block hasn't been initialized with the AttachClosest(). Is there something I could do, or is that an RoboDK-intern problem, which you may fix?

Thanks, Janis
Hi Janis,

It looks like one of the items you provided is invalid. You can try printing their name to find the invalid item.

If you can share the RDK project file we can help you better.

Albert
Hi Albert

Thanks for your answer. You'll find the .rdk-file attached (this is only a sample-project to show you the problem). The simulation works with no errors, the error only occurs, when I try to generate the robotprogram, independent of which postprocessor is chosen.

Thanks, Janis

Attached Files
.rdk   Station_06_04_2021.rdk (Size: 863.8 KB / Downloads: 450)
Hi

Just to let me know, is there any troubleshooting about it, or should I find a solution by my own?

thanks
Janis
Hi Janis, 

Could you try updating RoboDK to the latest version? Because I just tried it and it seems to be working just fine. 

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel