Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

3D printing with UR10e

Hello there,

I have the following setup:
Robot: UR10e
Extrude: the one from RoboDK library
Post Proccesor:Universal Robot

I can generate a robot program .urp and script successfully; however, on running script there is an error that says:
Code:
Compile Error: M_RunCode() is not defined.

How can I solve this problem.

Then I tried to use Universal Robot 3D printing as post processor. In this case, I cannot generate the code and having the following error:
Code:
Failed to generate program "Print3D" using the Post Processor "Universal_Robots_3D_Printing"
Post processor path:C:/Program Files/RoboDK/Posts/Universal_Robots_3D_Printing.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Users/[user]/AppData/Local/Temp/PostPrint3D.py", line 10676, in
make_program()
File "C:/Users/[user]/AppData/Local/Temp/PostPrint3D.py", line 308, in make_program
r.MoveL(p([22.185000,24.305000,0.500000,-0.000000,90.000000,0.000000]),[138.541038,-134.743422,-204.838150,-20.418427,48.541038,-90.000000],[0.0,1.0,0.0])
File "C:\Program Files\RoboDK\Posts\Universal_Robots_3D_Printing.py", line 643, in MoveL
self.new_move(pose) # used for 3D printing
File "C:\Program Files\RoboDK\Posts\Universal_Robots_3D_Printing.py", line 629, in new_move
signal = min(self.PRINT_FLOW_MAX_SIGNAL , self.PRINT_FLOW_2_SIGNAL * add_material/time_s)
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero
I have followed the 3d printing tutorial, but I don't know how to fix it.
You can remove triggering custom M_Code commands by following these steps:
  1. Double click your 3D printing project
  2. Select Program Events
  3. Leave the following section empty: Call M code
    (you may see M_RunCode by default but you should remove it)
Hello,

I have the same problem as described above when I want generated program with the Post Processor "Universal_Robots_3D_Printing". 
I have remove triggering custom M_Code commands but the problem persists.

Is there another solution?

Regards,
Jérôme

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Jérôme,

I recommend you to take a look at how post processors work in RoboDK:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Post-Processors.html#EditPost

It will allow you to customize the integration of your extruder for 3D printing. The error message is pointing at the error (division by zero). You can add a filter and if you calculate time_s as zero you can skip that line.

Albert
(06-17-2020, 02:09 PM)Albert Wrote: Hi Jérôme,

I recommend you to take a look at how post processors work in RoboDK:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Post-Processors.html#EditPost

It will allow you to customize the integration of your extruder for 3D printing. The error message is pointing at the error (division by zero). You can add a filter and if you calculate time_s as zero you can skip that line.

Albert

Thank you sir. It generates the code without problem now!.

Now, I have another issue. When I test on UR simulator or connect directly with RoboDK everything is fine. But, when I want to load the program on the controller, every time, I have a different issue.
- Sometimes the script won't load.
- Sometimes, there is an error exception: lack of memory on java file??
- And also, it's quite impossible to load script that generated from RoboDK when I using extruder for 3d printing. Is there any way to break through this problem. 

Thank you in advance!
Dear Sir or Madam,

how is it possible to edit the postprocessor when it is in a compiled file? Or is it possible to download the UR10e 3D printing postprocessor somewhere?

Best regards
J. Kosiahn
If you own a RoboDK professional license, you can go to "Help"->"Request support" and ask for a specific post-processor.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hello, I have made the changes to the postprocessor as described in the instructions (https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Machinin...rint3Dpost). The simulation works so far. However, when I try to use it with the robot, I get the following message: "Must be a 'boolean' not 'Int'. "with the reference to the command set_standard_digital_out(5.000, 0.000). I know that the second number must be a boolean but where did I make the mistake that this is still entered as 'int'? Do you have an idea for this?

Best regards
J.Kosiahn
Try changing the line that causes issues for this:

Code:
set_standard_digital_out(5, False)
(05-10-2021, 09:08 PM)Albert Wrote: Try changing the line that causes issues for this:

Code:
set_standard_digital_out(5, False)

Hello,
i changed this and all the other lines by hand and it works.
I wonder about this because there is code in the postprocessor that is supposed to solve this.

def setDO(selfio_vario_value):
        """Set a Digital Output"""
        if type(io_value) != str# set default variable value if io_value is a number            
            if io_value > 0:
                io_value = 'True'
            else:
                io_value = 'False'

if type(io_var) != str:  # set default variable name if io_var is a number
            newline = 'set_standard_digital_out(%s%s)' % (str(io_var), io_value)
        else:
            newline = '%s = %s' % (io_vario_value)

self.addline(newline)