Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 AXIS MILLING IN ROBODK - PROBLEM WITH G-CODE.

Hi team I´m working in a robot milling project with a Kuka KR10 R900 sixx robot connected to a KRC4 Compact controller. Currently I´m traing to run by robodk a 5 axes g-code extracted from SolidCam, buy independently of the different postprocesor that I´m using, I get wrong paths in RoboDk and also problems with the tool orientation. I attach some images of the ToolPath view of SolidCam (How it should look) and the tool path that I get in RoboDK. Also I attach my RoboDK Station and the G- Code (I attach the g-code as a note because the system don´t allow me to upload the CNC tool Path file). 

I hope that you can help me! Thank you so much. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rdk   Test9.rdk (Size: 1.48 MB / Downloads: 111)
.txt   5x.n.txt (Size: 122.03 KB / Downloads: 96)
Do you have other formats of G-code you can select from?

If you want to accomplish 5-axis milling it would be better to use APT format instead of G-code.
(10-18-2023, 03:28 AM)Albert Wrote: Do you have other formats of G-code you can select from?

If you want to accomplish 5-axis milling it would be better to use APT format instead of G-code.

Hi Albert, first of all, thank you so much for you anwser! I appreciate it so much!

Regarding your question, we have different post processors for 5 axes milling but we are having the same problem with all of them, and actually we got some differences in the reuslting tool paths of robotDk but all of them are wrong. I´m tryng to get a new post - processor to export in APT format but is not being easy. Any other suggestion in middle time?
Looking at the G-code you shared I don't see the coordinates of the coordinate systems being set in the same program.

Can you share other G-code formats? Or did the G-code generation produce other files with these coordinates? We can better take a look.
(10-23-2023, 09:11 AM)Albert Wrote: Looking at the G-code you shared I don't see the coordinates of the coordinate systems being set in the same program.

Can you share other G-code formats? Or did the G-code generation produce other files with these coordinates? We can better take a look.
Hi apparently I found where it would be the problem with the G-Code.

This G-Code that I´m using as a reference is only an example, but we can see that is composited for two mains operations:

One facing operation for the top face (Fig1)

And another operation to work with the shape of the body (Fig2)

This to operations combined make the whole tool path (Fig3)

The problem is that when we export the g-code to RoboDk, regarding less if we use different post processor, we have a wrong reference between the operations. For example, in the Robot Station that I posted, look like the two operation that I mentioned have a different referent frame associated (Fig4)

I could try to export the operation in different g-codes and place each operation in the correct coordinates, but as I said, this is just an example and if we extrapolate it to more complex 5-axis milling programs with complex surfaces, then we will not be able to apply this methodology.

In the conventional 5-axis CNC machine, for which software such as solidCam is generally created and from which the G-Code is extracted, there is an operation called Dinamyc workreference that basically rotates the Reference System around one of the axes (In reality , with this operation, what rotates is the table where the workpiece is fixed). Apparently RoboDk is not reading this line and that is what causes the reference systems of the different operations to be out of phase by ninety degree angles. An example of this operation in the g code is the following line. (see the line in red)

(--------------------------------------)
( HSR_HMP_TARGET )
( POSITION 2. BEI NP 1. )
N15 ( END MILL )
T1 T0 M6
S3500 M03
G54
(Indexnr. auf Einrichteblatt : I2 *********************)
G61.1
G00 G90 G53 Z0.
G00 G90 G53 X0. Y-500.
M46 M43        (A AXIS, C AXIS  unclamp)
G68.2 P1 Q123 X0. Y0. Z0. I-90. J0. K0.
G53.1 P2
M47 M44        (A AXIS, C AXIS clamp)
G00 X35.431 Y-90.563 M8
G43 Z29.
G00 Z18.875
G01 X35.401 Y-90.538 Z18.485 F1000
G01 X35.313 Y-90.466 Z18.11
G01 X35.17 Y-90.349 Z17.764
G01 X34.977 Y-90.192 Z17.461

I attach the G-code with this feature again to see if we can find any solution. At the same time, I´m continue looking for a PPs for APTformat in SolidCam 

Thank you so much!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

We can implement the option of reading the position of that reference.

Can you send us the full example that includes the G68.2 line? The file you shared previously does not have this line.
Code:
(10-23-2023, 06:27 PM)Albert Wrote: We can implement the option of reading the position of that reference.

Can you send us the full example that includes the G68.2 line? The file you shared previously does not have this line.
Code:
Hi! 

Considering that the full G-code is to heavy to upload it in one file! I have divided it in four files, but if the objective is to test with this line , you will be able to find the reference line in the file 5xPart_Mill 1 , Line 90.

Thank you so much!

Attached Files
.txt   5xPart_Mill 1.txt (Size: 177.03 KB / Downloads: 87)
.txt   5xPart_Mill 2.txt (Size: 177.46 KB / Downloads: 78)
.txt   5xPart_Mill 3.txt (Size: 176.18 KB / Downloads: 69)
.txt   5xPart_Mill 4.txt (Size: 107.05 KB / Downloads: 85)
Hello Engineers
I am trying to load a.LS file that I have created by using slicing software, and I want to load it into Robot Guide, but I keep getting this error message:
"The ASCII-to-binary translation may have failed." If someone has come across this issue and wishes to share their solution, it would be appreciated.

For more explanation:
I created both LS files by using a slicer, and I want to upload them to a robot guide and teach pendant just to perform offline programming, so I got the above-mentioned error. Thank you all in advance for your assistance.
Thank you for clarifying, it is clear now. 

We'll add support for this G68 command, and G68.2 specifically such as the one you shared:
Code:
However, it would be great if you can provide more information about this specific command:
  • What post processor you used from SolidCam?
  • Do you have any configuration settings?
  • What does the .2 and P1 mean?
Separate topic: Herny, regarding the LS to TP conversion I recommend you to split long 3D printing programs into smaller programs programs and take a look at this section of the documentat:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-Fanuc.html#LSvsTP
Can you create a new thread with this question?
(10-25-2023, 12:02 PM)Albert Wrote: Thank you for clarifying, it is clear now. 

We'll add support for this G68 command, and G68.2 specifically such as the one you shared:
Code:
However, it would be great if you can provide more information about this specific command:
  • What post processor you used from SolidCam?
  • Do you have any configuration settings?
  • What does the .2 and P1 mean?
Separate topic: Herny, regarding the LS to TP conversion I recommend you to split long 3D printing programs into smaller programs programs and take a look at this section of the documentat:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-Fanuc.html#LSvsTP
Can you create a new thread with this question?

Hi Albert! Thank you so much again for your support.

The post processor used is a Fanuc 5axes, also valid for Mazak. In particular, the model of the machine wich the G-code was exported is a Variaxis i 600.

Regarding the Command  may be this information can be really useful:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/fanuc-g68...-markoski/

there you will see all the details about what thecommand line does. 

About configuration settings, what would be useful for you? Tools? Machining seetings like RPM, Feeds or anything more in particular? if is not that, then the settings are mostly set up by the standars of SolidCam. 

there you will see all the details about what the command line does.
In terms of configuration settings, what would you find useful? Tools? Machining settings like RPM, Feeds or something else in particular? If not, then the settings are primarily set to SolidCam standards.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!