Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Add xARM (UFactory) as a Post Processor selection

RoboDK Library includes xArm and uArm robots from UFactory. 
When attempting to 'Generate robot program' for an xARM based station, there is only a uARM Post Processor selection. Since I own a 6 axis xARM, I am most interested in running my simulation on my real robot. 
Thanks for considering.
There's a post processor for the uFactory xArm robot (called xArm). I believe this post processor has not been intensively tested but let us know if you have any issues in the Bugs section and we can fix it as soon as possible.

Make sure you are using the latest version of RoboDK to see the xArm post.
I recently installed RoboDK with an Educational license and I do not see an xArm selection for post processor. I am really interested in this and UFactory, xArm manufacturer, redirects me to RoboDK saying they have worked with you. Please advise what I can do. RoboDK is great and will be even greater for seamless integration with my physical robot. Thanks so much for your response and for considering this reply post.
I attached the post processor for the xArm robot. You should place it in the following folder:
C:/RoboDK/Posts/

Attached Files
.py   xArm.py (Size: 25.88 KB / Downloads: 755)
  • Dear everyone could you please help, I try to generate the software but this error occurs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-24-2021, 06:31 PM)Wave Wrote:
  • Dear everyone could you please help, I try to generate the software but this error occurs.

Hi, I had the same problem and solved it replacing the post processor xArm in C:/RoboDK/Posts/ with the file attached by Albert in this thread (xArm.py).
(03-24-2021, 06:31 PM)Wave Wrote:

Just add this "import inspect" at the top of the xArm.py
There are a bunch of other errors you will run into depending on the robot model you're using but I'm currently working on fixing the post processor. Let me know if you have more questions. I will post the finished post processor file when I'm done with it.

Mike
I made some modifications to this file. It should be mostly working now.
Let me know if you run into any other issues as I haven't tested all the functions yet.
I hope it helps.

Mike

forgot to attach the file. Here it is

Attached Files
.py   xArm.py (Size: 26.16 KB / Downloads: 195)
Hi Make, thanks for sharing this with the community.

Can you detail which version of the xArmAPI you used and limitations of the post?
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.