Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Asking online programming for Denso arm, not included in library

Hi,

Previously, I already used RoboDK Python API to do online programming for a Fanuc robot arm, included in RoboDK library. It means, I am able to send control commands and both simulated and real Fanuc robot arms simultaneously move correctly.

However, in my current task, I need to control Denso VM-6083 and it is not included in RoboDK library. Meanwhile, RoboDK includes another model, Denso-VM-60B1 with the same payload as VM-6083 but different from forward kinematics (max arm reach is different).

In particular, my Denso arm uses Robot Controller RC8A and it is supported for online programming
(https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-Denso.html)

Therefore, I'd like to ask questions as follows.

1. How can I do online programming if the exact model is not included in RoboDK library?
  2. In the case of not feasible, what if I just use Denso-VM-60B1 for simulated robot, am I still able to connect to real Denso VM-6083 and send control commands to that real arm. Because, for my main purpose, I only need to control the real arm, not simulated arm.
    Or, any case, I can connect and control the real Denso VM-6083 via Python API from RoboDK?
  3. I am still confusing that, RoboDK API (Python) will work directly with robot controller of the real arm, or it also needs the matching between the simulated arm from RoboDK library and the real arm?
Regarding your questions:
  1. If you have a Professional license you can request support by selecting Help-Request support and we'll add the robot for you. You can also model the robot by following these steps:
    https://robodk.com/doc/en/General.html#Model6axis
  2. You could program and move the robot even if you used a different model in RoboDK. However, this is not recommended since all RoboDK simulations and calculations would be made using the wrong kinematics. You may experience unexpected behavior.
  3. Using RoboDK API is one of many methods of programming your robot (in simulation mode or using the real robot). The validation is done using the simulated robot and the commands are sent to the controller using the simulated robot model.
Thank you for your clear answers!

I'll try to build a robot model following your reference if possible.