Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connecting a Kuka KR 16 R2010 to Robodk

Hi,
I want to be able to connect the Kuka KR 16 R2010 to Robodk to be able to move the robot online. Is this possible and if so how do I connect it. I have checked the IP that seems to succeed. I dont know what the Robot port is. Is that a deal breaker. I click connect but no luck. Any ideas would be most appriaciated.

Hi Fixster,

Did you read this section of the documentation:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-KUKA.html#KUKA

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,
Thank you for your reply, I have followed the steps in the documention. What driver do I choose in the drop down list on Robodk?

Hi Jeremy, This is the driver list currenly on my system.

Hi Fixster,

apikuka is the one you are looking for.

Also, make sure the driver program is actually running on the controller.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,

I have it connected, Im so stoked.

What are the next steps I need to take to be able to simulate the movements from RoboDK to the Kuka.

Do I need to have the FTP links created to send the program to the controller.

Any help would be great, Thank you
Hi Again Jeremy,
I have connected the robot fine to RoboDK.
At the moment I have loaded my src program manually to the Kuka HMI and right click run on Robot on Robodk , Robodk graphics follow the same positions when I double click the linear moves.

Is there a way of Robodk moving the Kuka using Robodk? I need to be able to update the src on the hmi live so to speak.

What do you think?
Hi Jeremy,

What did see my other reply.

I have connected the robot fine to RoboDK.
At the moment I have loaded my src program manually to the Kuka HMI and right click run on Robot on Robodk , Robodk graphics follow the same positions when I double click the linear moves.

Is there a way of Robodk moving the Kuka using Robodk? I need to be able to update the src on the hmi live so to speak.

What do you think?
To point you in the right direction I will need a bit more information.
What exactly is your project.
You say you need to update the program live, what are your input?

You can load a complete program using FTP.
You can run a program using "Run on robot".
You can drive the robot using the API.

All have their usecase.

Jeremy

Good Morning Jeremy,

Our project is a HyperScan system, we are basically using a 960 Laser Tracker with a T-Scan 5 to scan components using the Kuka to do the movements. At the moment we are creating our programs in Robodk offline, we are than manually placing the SRC offline created file into the directory where the Kuka hmi reads the file. We then call up the src using the hmi and run the program.

The issue we have is that the T Scan 5 misses data due to the reflectivity of the parts. What we want to do is use Robodk to manipulate the robot movements online in real time, improving the scan data and update the SRC file as we reposition the Kuka for better scan data.

Any help with this would be fantastic.  

If you want to send robot programs directly to the KUKA robot controller you can setup a network drive from the Windows computer on your controller.

This video shows the steps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu1jxcGFuNI