Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Curve Follow Project Bug

Yes it fixed it!
One last issue I am having. As my parts are 3D curved, using your Curve Follow project results in path generation where the tool is always normal to the parts surface - makes crazy movements.

I can't find an option where I can lock the tool's orientation?

I saw a work around when using Fusion 360 and your plugin to generate the curves, yet I have done the whole setup in RoboDK now, and re-doing it in Fusion would not be fun.

I guess there is a way to choose to which surface the tool in curve follow project should be normal to?

This is what I get
[Image: S4AsK0v.png]

This is what I want

[Image: C4DjEHi.png]
There are different ways of fixing this issue.

Considering how far you are, you could right-click the path -> "Export curve" -> "Save as a CSV"

Open the CSV and replace the 3 last columns with 0,0,1 (or 0,0,-1 to flip the normals) -> Save the CSV -> Drag and drop the CSV to RoboDK.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Thanks Jeremy.

Will give it a go.

Do you have any SDK's for developing tool plugins for your software?
We would like to look into developing a nice plugin for our tool integration within RoboDK.

We are developing a tip alignment tool that adjusts TCP per tip replacement. Problem, it does it within our URCap.
Is there anything similar developed/used within RoboDK? or tips on integrating such solution with RoboDK?

Working principle is the same as this guy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwiEwbERuQw
Nice project.

Yes, we do have an SDK/API.
You can find more info here: https://robodk.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/intro.html

There's a section on the forum for API-related questions.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel