Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

External axis speed

Hi, 
    I have a Motoman ma2010 robot along with a B1L-1500-2500 Positioner. I have synchronized them and I want to change the speed of the positioner. How can I change it?  

I have tried adding instructions in the program and also changed the parameters, but only the robot is affected not the external axis. 

I have added the screenshot where you can see the external axis remains 100.

with regards,
Nikhil

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I just ask the dev who did this post-processor to take a look.
It will be possible, we just have to figure out the right way of doing it.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,
did you get the information?

with regards,
Nikhil Maniyanthotil
Hello,

I've added a new hook to the post processor for motoman so you can modify the speed of the rail, in order to use this new version, copy the attached files to C:\RoboDK\Posts and overwrite their corresponding versions from your version of robodk. This post also relies on changes to the robodk api in a fairly recent version so I would suggest you update robodk first.

You can change the speed by adding a program call with the special keyword of "speedEx" to set the external axis's speed from 0 to 100% for the next movements. This will change the speed generated for the subsequent moves.

See the attached image for an example usage of the program call.

Thank you,

Phillip May

Attached Files Image(s)

.zip   motomanPost.zip (Size: 12.23 KB / Downloads: 204)
Hi Jeremy and Phillip,
Thank you!
The program call works for changing the speed of the positioner.

with regards,
Nikhil Kumar Maniyanthotil