Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Failed to run Python script

Question 
Hi,

I am trying to load the SprayOn macro offered from you, guys, and I get the error: 
"Failed to run Python script. Set appropiate Python paths in: Tools -> Options -> Others".

I have also attached a print screen of the window in Tools.

Can someone be kind and explain to me what's wrong with what I'm doing?

Thank you in advance,
Ionut

Ok, I went ahead and posted without thinking before.

I found a tab name Python and corrected the paths there and it worked. 

** Word of advice: If you change the default path of the program uppon installing, correct also the Python path if you want to use macros.

Have a nice day,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi IonutF,

Thanks for pointing this out.
We just added the "Python" tab with the release of RoboDK 5.0 and it seems like we forgot to modify this error message.

Have a great day.
Jeremy
(07-06-2020, 04:47 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi IonutF,

We just added the "Python" tab with the release of RoboDK 5.0 and it seems like we forgot to modify this error message.

Have a great day.
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,
i am fairly new to this program and im getting a similar error "Failed to start Python editor. Set appropriate Python paths in: Tools -> Options -> Python. " and ive followed all the set to https://robodk.com/doc/en/RoboDK-API-Tro...oboDK.html and im continuing to get the same error

please help !
sincerely Steve
This issue probably happens because you first installed RoboDK in the default location (maybe a few months/years ago?) and later reinstalled it elsewhere. 

I recommend you try imposing the default settings:
  • Select Tools-Options in RoboDK
  • Select Set default settings
If this doesn't work, could you provide more details regarding the path where you installed RoboDK and the path where you have Python installed?
(05-27-2022, 06:27 AM)s3781911 Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 04:47 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi IonutF,

Have a great day.
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,
i am fairly new to this program and im getting a similar error "Failed to start Python editor. Set appropriate Python paths in: Tools -> Options -> Python. " and ive followed all the set to https://robodk.com/doc/en/RoboDK-API-Tro...oboDK.html and im continuing to get the same error

please help !
sincerely Steve

Hi Jeremy,
thanks for replying so quickly, I only recently downloaded robodk and this is the path file to my python is in my C drive as well as my robodk installation file
Below i included the the tool>options window open and ive tried setting eveything to default and the same error keeps happening