Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flange Rotation

Hello there,

is there a way to identify the Flange Rotation in relation to the Base of the Robot (KR C4 in my case). We do have a 3rd party tool installed and in our Home Postition (where the tool points to the ground...by eye) the Flange ist still a fair amount rotated. I do have the axes information, but this does not help me with determining the angle in relation to the base....

Thx in advance
I'm not sure to understand what you mean by "Flange rotation".

Can you attach a print screen or pictures to better illustrate your issue.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hello Jeremy and thanks for taking the time... ;)

I attached a screenshot of the virtual situation.
This is the actual home position of our KR30 at the moment. As you can see the flange is rotated a bit  (about 18 degrees).
In the real world there is no such rotation of the tool (laser welding head), because the mount has been rotated in such a way (by 3rd party before delivery) that the laser head points straight to the ground.

My Question is: How can I determine the exact amount of degrees that the flange is rotated in relation to the base of the robot, so that I can adapt the rotation of the Geometry (welding head) to fit our real world situation.

Of course I could take a protractor and measure the offset angle by hand but I would prefer to know the exact numerical value.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Maybe it's because it's Monday, but I'm not sure I'm getting it.

But anyway, here's some piece of information.

Your ~18 deg on the home position, you mean on the real robot? Because I looked in our library and there is no rotation of the flange.

For the simulation phase, I generally position the tool using the flange bolt pattern. That gives you a good enough estimation in most cases.
Then you do a TCP definition https://robodk.com/doc/en/General.html#CalibrateTCP
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...LBNEmBE57E
It will position the TCP at the real place so that your generated programs are accurately positioned.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel