Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How can I get this file: apistaubli.exe ?

Hello everyone !

I am a new user of robot DK. 

I tried to send a program from robot DK to a TX 90 Staubli robot but I don't have the apistabli.exe file in my robot DK folders. Unfortunately, the program cannot be sent to the robot.

I desinstalled and re installed the software but the file is still not there. 

Do you know how I could get this file ? 

Thanks by advance,

Oliver.
Hi Oliver,

You should be able to transfer your programs from RoboDK to the Stäubli robot automatically without any issues. This option uses FTP transfer. FTP does not require a driver but you should make sure that the robot IPFTP credentials and remote path (path on the Stäubli robot controller) are correct.

More information here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Programs...ferProgram

(we currently do not support a driver for Stäubli robots: the Stäubli driver would allow you to have a live communication between the robot and the computer)

Albert
(01-29-2019, 07:04 PM)Albert Wrote: Hi Oliver,

You should be able to transfer your programs from RoboDK to the Stäubli robot automatically without any issues. This option uses FTP transfer. FTP does not require a driver but you should make sure that the robot IPFTP credentials and remote path (path on the Stäubli robot controller) are correct.

More information here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robot-Programs...ferProgram

(we currently do not support a driver for Stäubli robots: the Stäubli driver would allow you to have a live communication between the robot and the computer)

Albert

Hey Albert,

Thanks for your quick answer !

I changed the toolpath, which was wrong. The program has been transfered to the staubli robot. 

With Staubli VAL 3 post processor, when I tried to run the application via the Staubli control panel, program application cannot be found and charged by the robot. 

With Staubli VAL 3 simplified post processor, when I tried to run the application via the Staubli control panel, it crashes and I find myself in the obligation to stop and restart the robot.

Can you help me with this issue ? Do you have feedbacks from Staubli users ? 

Nb: In both cases I tranferred files via robot DK and also via FileZilla

Thanks by advance,

Oliver.
Hallo Oliver and Albert,
Currently I am evaluating a Staubli TX60L + CS8 controller on loan from Staubli.
I have the same experience with RoboDK.

Transferring files to the controller works, but most of the generated programs by the post processor, in particular the .dtx files, generate errors and even crash the controller.
A few examples I could get working by manually editing the files.
For example when no teaching points are defined, the dtx-file lists a section of length zero that is not understood by the controller.

Starting the application from e.g. a python script is done by running a socket server on the controller that listens until a certain keyword is received.
Works, but is not real time and requires uploading applications to the controller to be able to react to real world info.

Are there any other users that have successfully used the postprocessor(s) for Staubli?

Regards,
Rudolf Sprik
Hi Rudolph,

Thank you for your feedback. We were not aware of this issue with the post processor. Can you tell me if the attached post processor solves the problem? It looks like default VAL3 sections have a minimum size of 1 even if there is not data so we improved the post processor accordingly. If you still have issues: are you able to reproduce this issue with all Stäubli post processors?

We just added the Stäubli driver (apistaubli.exe) file with our latest release this week. However, it is still not 100% functional: mostly reading the robot position, moving joints and changing the speed works.

To use the driver you should try connecting using the ports: 5653, 851, 852, 853 or 854. The correct port is available in the file /log/system.log. You'll see a message saying something like:
COM-PC: Server created on all interfaces [port]

We have changed the default remote FTP path to make it always valid (recommended by Stäubli).

We look forward to improving the driver and we are working with Stäubli for this purpose. The communication based on the SOAP server is very fast but it doesn't seem to support setting the tool (important for linear movements). If you have other suggestions for a driver we can also investigate.

Albert

Attached Files
.py   Staubli_VAL3.py (Size: 36.32 KB / Downloads: 5,665)
Hallo Oliver,
thanks for the quick reply.

The new post-processor fixes the 'size=0' problem.
The same problem exists for the simplified driver.
The inline driver does not show it.

Enclosed a station definition that generates the 'size=0' condition with the old driver.

I reinstalled RoboDK and found the apistaubli.exe file in the most recent version.
Unfortunately the loan period of the TX60L is nearing its end. 
So I will not be able to test the driver on my set up.

Regards,
Rudolf Sprik

Attached Files
.rdk   TX60L_LDC_Basic.rdk (Size: 424.22 KB / Downloads: 529)