Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is it possible to use RoboDK as an online solver ?

Question 
Hi !
For a project I need to test before each set of movement if I will have any singularity / axis limit / collision. Is it possible to embed RoboDK inside a computer on a production line to simulate every movement before the robot go there and ask each position with an API. (it must be fast enough to avoid the robot to stop).
I cannot simulate the trajectory offline.
Thanks
Yes, this is possible. You can use the API while running RoboDK in the background or as an embedded solution to your project.

How are you currently programming the robot?
You may need to properly integrate the RoboDK API with your project to properly validate the movements before you send them to the robot.

I recommend you to look at this example:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/exam...easibility
Ok perfect, what do you mean as an embedded solution for the project ?
I am currently controlling a Fanuc robot directly in his native language (Karel + TP programming) and the trajectory are given by a computer next to the robot (running Ubuntu 20.04) by a TCP API.
It is not a problem to modify our program to integrate the RoboDK API.
What are the delay of the RoboDK API to try the movement ? (approximatively)
Is is possible to run RoboDK directly on my linux computer ? Or in a VM ? (it would be a problem if we have to add a second computer).
And finally what would be the cost ? Do we have to buy a RoboDK for each machine we are selling ?
Best regards
The delay should be a few milliseconds. It may be negligible if you are using a rounding radius (CNT greater than 0).

You can set up the driver for Fanuc by following this procedure:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-Fanuc.html#DriverFanuc

It is better if you contact us via email to discuss pricing and accommodate special requests.

Albert
Ok the delay should be short enough.
I can't use your driver because it override the control of the robot, the program is complex on the robot and already exist, we could create a full version in RoboDK but this would be for later.

Tell me if I didn't understand correctly:
For now I can just install an embedded version of RoboDK, use the API to give it the position I want to test from my c++ program and ask if the position are good before sending them by the current protocol to the robot.
And for a next iteration, create the full program on RoboDK and install the driver to control the robot directly.

Does this seems right ?

I will contact RoboDK by mail for the pricing part
You suggestions make sense. We'll get back to you by email as well.

Albert