Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jog real robot using RoboDK

Hi 

Is it possible to jog the Mecademic Meca500 using the USB joystick (sold by Mecademic, see the link bellow) ?

https://www.mecademic.com/en/accessories

Actually, if we need to teach a real position in RoboDK, we need to :

- Disconnect from the robot in the RoboDK software, 
- Connect to robot using its web page, 
- Jog the robot using the Joystick to the desired position,
- Disconnect from the web page
- Connect to robot using RoboDK
- Get robot position,
- And finally teach a new or modify an existing target

Is there a better way to do it?

Thank you
Yes, there is a better way to do it. You can use the Robot Pilot plugin. 

You can follow these steps to activate and use the robot pilot plugin:
  1. Select Tools-Plug Ins
  2. Activate the robot pilot plugin
  3. Select Utilities-Robot pilot (or right click the robot and select Robot Pilot)
  4. You can select the "Run on robot" option to move the real robot by increments
Albert
Hi, 

I activated the RobotPilot plugin in the tool menu but I don't see the Robot Pilot option in the Utilities menu or when I right click on the robot, you can see the screenshots attached

My software is up to date, version 5.2.5

Please let me know what I missed

Best regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Click on "tools"
Its the first one on top the top.

Rick
That's good, I got it, now I can jog the real robot with RoboDK software

I saw on Youtube that somebody was able to use an Xbox controller to jog the robot, I would like to use the Joystick provided by Mecademic to do so, is there a RoboDK built-in feature for that ? or I need to develop a code ?

Best regards
(10-04-2021, 03:35 PM)mamara Wrote: That's good, I got it, now I can jog the real robot with RoboDK software

I saw on Youtube that somebody was able to use an Xbox controller to jog the robot, I would like to use the Joystick provided by Mecademic to do so, is there a RoboDK built-in feature for that ? or I need to develop a code ?

Best regards

Unfortunately, we do not officially support the Mecademic USB Joystick yet.

The source code for the Xbox Controller app is publicly available in our GitHub repository, here: Link
It can be easily modified to accept any input device. There are many Python libraries that can achieve this.

You can start by inspecting the results you get from your input device with the Xbox Controller app, and adapt the code accordingly.

I'd like to mention, however, that the Xbox Controller app does not make use of the thumbsticks and relies on incremental change on the D-Pad. You will have additional work to do to convert the joystick inputs to a Cartesian movement.
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.