Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

KRC4 KSS8.3.33 KR60+DKP400 3D printing online programing

Hi, I'm new to RoboDK, previously i used kuka|PRC and robots to control the robot.
But now I want to do a 3D print project where my src file is ~100mb, which is too big for the R1 folder (limited to ~8mb collectively)
So i'm thinking fo using the online programing function of RoboDK to stream the instructions into the robot controller.
My setup is KR60+DKP400 on KRC4 with KSS8.3.33, my extruder extrudes on digital signal output 32
I'm having a few problems with understanding how to setup/use RoboDK, just wondering if anyone can enlighten me:
1. how do I setup online programing/streaming of data?
...[deleted]...
found KUKAVARPROXY folder and the src file downloadables here:
https://www.robodk.com/doc/drivers/Conne...RoboDK.zip
new question, do i need the EKI package for online streaming to work?

2. in RoboDK, I've sliced my stl into toolpath, but how do I set the digital out on 32 so it turn on and off properly?

3. is there a way to automatically set the rotation of the DKP400 so that the robot is always working on the sider closest to itself? ie (top down 2D diagram):

(Robot)
  ___
 /  A  \
|        |  <-DKP

\_B_/
Instead of having the robot reach over to point B, have the turn table turn so B is where A currently is.

Thanks.
Update: Question 1 is solved.
seems like streaming doesn't require EKI package, was able to set joint in roboDk and have the robot move to that point

Still don't know how to do 2 and 3 tho.
Any pointers are appreciated.
If you are using the RoboDK driver for KUKA robots and you want to manage Digital Inputs/Outputs of the robot you should make sure you uncheck this option:
Tools - Options - Motion - Manage I/O with RoboDK when connected to a robot

To adjust the turntable position you may want to change the "Shift turn" value in your turntable optimization options. This is available in your 3D printing project settings. If you can share your RDK file we can help you better.
Hi evo85210!

How did you manage to make online connection between your kuka controller and RoboDK? You just followed RoboDK documentation straightforward? Did you have any problem with 'RoboDKsync35.src' program?
I will be using roboDk for a 3D printing project as well, but right now I am stuck in trying to establish online connection between RoboDk and KRC 4 (I can read values of real robot in RoboDk, but I can't run 'RoboDKsync35.src' program and I can't make my robot move to position set in RoboDk.
Hi Joaos,
You should make sure you can run the RoboDKsync35.src program.
You may see program errors. If that's the case it means you should declare some global variables as specified in the link you shared.
Albert
(10-07-2019, 04:10 PM)Albert Wrote: If you are using the RoboDK driver for KUKA robots and you want to manage Digital Inputs/Outputs of the robot you should make sure you uncheck this option:

To adjust the turntable position you may want to change the "Shift turn" value in your turntable optimization options. This is available in your 3D printing project settings. If you can share your RDK file we can help you better.
Just to confirm, i need to UNcheck "Manage I/O with RoboDK", I would've guessed i need to check it based on the wording. It's unchecked by default.
Where can i find the turntable optimization options? sorry, i'm new to roboDK, so i don't really know where anything is.
Attached is my RDK file, simplified, my print object is simply a cylinder.

(10-07-2019, 09:38 PM)joaos Wrote: How did you manage to make online connection between your kuka controller and RoboDK? You just followed RoboDK documentation straightforward? Did you have any problem with 'RoboDKsync35.src' program?

yes, basically just follow the guide in the link.
There was a few hiccups when i did it, but they're relatively simple to solve.
Quote:Alternatively, it is possible to establish a remote desktop connection.         
These steps can also be accomplished using the teach pendant’s touch screen and the virtual keyboard.
I wasn't able to establish remote connection no matter what i tried, so i just used the pendant, super difficult navigating windows OS with the pendant, but do-able.
Quote:locate and modify the file “KRC\R1\STEU\$config.dat” (or in “KRC\R1\System\$config.dat” for KRC2 controllers)
KRC\R1\STEU wasn't a folder that existed on my controller, I had R1 and STEU on the same level.
the config.dat in STEU on my controller wasn't edit-able.
The one I edited was the config.dat in KRC\R1\System\ (even tho I'm on KRC4)
The easiest way i found to create the global variable is to copy it into a text file on your computer
put the file on a usb
then open that file on the controller
copy the content
open config.dat and paste it in just before the END

and yes, when i copied over the src file it gave me compilation error, but after you've created the global variables in config.dat, the compilation errors will go away

Attached Files
.rdk   3D Print.rdk (Size: 30.94 MB / Downloads: 506)
(10-07-2019, 04:10 PM)Albert Wrote: If you are using the RoboDK driver for KUKA robots and you want to manage Digital Inputs/Outputs of the robot you should make sure you uncheck this option:

Hi Albert,

after unchecking Manage I/O with RoboDK, how do I configure the program to toggle I/O?
and where can I find the "Shift turn" value?
my RDK file is attached in the previous post.

Thanks.
You should first synchronize your turntable with the robot as one system:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/General.html#SyncAxes

With RoboDK You can set an output ON or OFF but not toggle it. I recommend you to trigger a program call and you can toggle the digital output inside the program. You could also customize a post processor to do so inline.
I have the same situation as "joaos"
I can establish a connection. I can read the robot position but I am unable to move the physical robot through RoboDK.
- I copied the variables to the config.dat file under R1/SYSTEM
- I have the RoboDKsync35 running ... What mode should I use on the KUKA? T1 / T2 / AUT / EXT ?

In RoboDK I do the "Connect > Connec robot"
Add my IP address and press "Connect" and it reads green and "READY"
I press "Get Position" and it moves the animated robot to where the actual robot is.

Now... when I use Tools > Robot Pilot and check "Run On Robot"
And want to move the robot step by step in some axis... the Status is yellow "WORKING" but nothing is moving.

STATUS LOG:
MOVJ -68.529905 -29.758377 79.825137 -6.556620 43.021278 -21.383211 298.305236 804.320982 90.950484 132.121372 -2.721936 -175.420988
Working...
Hi Koppel,

First, can you make sure you are using the latest version of RoboDK?

"Help"->"About" to see when was released your version.
"Help"->"Check for updates..."

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel