Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

KUKA - Linear Move

(12-23-2020, 07:41 AM)AluMill Wrote: I think there is a bug in the Kuka driver when using a linear axis.

Any suggestions?
Hi, 

Sorry for the delay. 

Could you try the attached driver and let me know if it fixes the problem?
Simply unzip it in "C:/RoboDK/api/Robot"

Jeremy

Attached Files
.zip   apikuka.zip (Size: 28.72 KB / Downloads: 388)
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Alumill, 

I have another potential solution for you, could you try activating this option here:

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry for the late answer.
The new driver does not fixes the problem, same behavior.

I have made a workaround that works for me:
- I removed the synchronization between robot and rail
- If I want to move the rail, I do RunCodeCustom with the X-coordinate of the rail but I have another problem with that, see code:

Code:
def MoveRail(X):
        if TEST:
                KL4000.MoveJ([X])
        else:
                KR120.RunCodeCustom(X, INSTRUCTION_CALL_PROGRAM) # Not working, X is not int?)
                KR120.RunCodeCustom('700', INSTRUCTION_CALL_PROGRAM) # working fine!
                KL4000.setJoints([X]) #manually set position of the rail in RDK

Second problem: I can not read the position of the rail, that's why I manual set the joints of the rail.
Is it possible to get feedback from the RunCodeCustom?
Hello,

I have encountered the same problem with linear movements using a KUKA and a 7th linear axis.
Has a solution to this problem been found?

Thank you in advance,
Adam
Did you read this new section of the documentation: https://robodk.com/doc/en/Robots-KUKA.ht...ADriverExt

Jeremy

Jeremy,

I have read the documentation like you suggested and I have implemented the fixes. 
Still no luck :/

Adam