Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kuka IIWA - Post Processor and sub-program

Hello,

I am currently working on a Kuka IIWA 14 and I am experiencing two persistent issues:

1) Modification of the Kuka IIWA post processor

I would like to add in the post processor code lines to automatically increment each time the program is generated.
Previously I worked on the post processor of an UR10 and the UR10 was quite easy to modify.
That of the Kuka IIWA does not allow me to directly add / modify code.
If I understand correctly, the latter imports the information by "sys" and "os".

Where can I find these files?

2) Main and sub-program

The Kuka IIWA post processor does not allow you to divide a large program in sub-program.
If I do not do this, the robot controller will not accept the program because it is too long.
I also tried to limit the maximum number of actions per program but that doesn't change anything.

How to solve this problem ?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Regards,

Jerome

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Jerome,

I attached the KUKA IIWA post processor.

You can use Python to automatically count. You may need to create a separate file on your computer to remember the count and increase it every time you generate a program.

You can modify the post to have automatic splitting. The following link provide more information about modifying a post processor for a specific robot:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Post-Processor...SelectPost

Albert

Attached Files
.py   KUKA_IIWA.py (Size: 19.16 KB / Downloads: 399)
Hi Albert,

Thank you very much for the KUKA_IIWA post processor.

For the sub program, I followed the procedure as described in the following link (https://robodk.com/doc/en/Post-Processor...pleOneProg) but it does not split my program into a sub programs.
Do you have a solution ?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Regards,

Jerome

Attached Files
.py   KUKA_IIWA.py (Size: 19.38 KB / Downloads: 368)
Hi,

I am trying to help me with the kuka KRC2 post processor to integrate the MAIN and SUB_PROGRAM part to the IIWA post processor but it cannot be found in the source folder "Posts" (see attachment).
At the same time I tried to uncompile the KUKA_KRC2.pyc post processor but once transferred to a .py file, it does not work in RoboDK.

Where can I find the original program?

Cordially.

Jerome

Attached Files
.py   KUKA_KRC2.py (Size: 1.1 KB / Downloads: 320)
Hi Jerome LC, 

Here the KRC2 post-processor. 

Jeremy

Attached Files
.py   KUKA_KRC2.py (Size: 35.64 KB / Downloads: 358)
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi everyone, I have been solving the same problem for the last two days. The .py file contains only a link. It is a pity that the files are compiled and cannot be edited. As mentioned in the video tutorial. https://youtu.be/lbycCDjtOnE
I see the ability to easily modify the postprocessor as a great advantage of RoboDK, which cannot be used in this way.
Hi NDivad,

We no longer provide the .py script with the default RoboDK installer.
But if you ask for almost any of them, we will provide it as I just did for Jerome.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel