Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mitsubishi CR2B 574 Controller with RH-12SH5535-S12

Hi RoboDK team,

After testing RoboDK with the Niryo I now got a Mitsubishi SCARA 4 axis robot. I was able to connect to the robot and also to read out the joint positions of the robot. Also it is possible to do exact 1 joint movement. Then the system runs into some connection problems. See attached protocol log. I also try to uncompile the driver /v37/apimitsubishi.pyc. Unfortunately the uncompiled version did not work. robot_msg is not initialised and after init robot_msg i get a robot movement error. Could you help me to get the driver work for 4 axis SCARA or to send me the source code of this driver?

BTW, Maybe you have the right robot as model for RoboDK?

Best regards,
Thomas

Attached Files
.txt   Error_protcol.txt (Size: 11.48 KB / Downloads: 378)
.rdk   mitsu.rdk (Size: 145.65 KB / Downloads: 349)
Hi Thomas,

Our Mitsubishi driver was only tested on 6-axis industrial robot, we'll take a look at what could be wrong in the case of a Scara robot.
We'll get back to you but it might take a few days.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy,

it seems that the Problem occurs by the answer of the Robot Controller. The response of JPOSF is for example QoKJ1;-34.740;J2;4.390;J3;379.340;J4;62.250;;****,****;5;0.00;00000000. The problem seems to be "****,****"
For joint moving i have a quick and dirty solution, but now i faced with the problem of linear movements. Doing a linear movement results only in "Sending command..." in protocol window.
(see attached log line 106-108)
BTW, is there a more detailed debug output of roboDK possible by a parameter or somthing else?

Best regards,

Thomas

Attached Files
.txt   error.txt (Size: 4.4 KB / Downloads: 475)
Hi Thomas,

I'll pass down the info.

You can activate the developer mode to get more information from the connection log by pressing "ctrl"+"Alt"+"Shift"+"g".

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

HI Jeremy,

Thank you for your tip to activate he developer mode. With the driver and the custom curve follow skript I noticed that the robot does not move continuously as in the simulation, but stops at every point. How do I get the robot to move continuously and evenly with the help of the RoboDK driver?

Best regards,
Thomas
Hi Thomas,

If you are using the driver, you can't avoid the stops at every point. This is because RoboDK and the controller communicate on a "per command" basis. In other words, RoboDK stream the motion commands one at a time, waiting for the confirmation of the robot before sending another one.

If you want continuous motion, you need to use the post-processor and generate the robot program.
This way the robot will have access to the complete program and can execute fluid motions.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

If I use the post processor and the process runs autonomously on the robot's controller, can I still access the position of the real robot via RoboDK's Python API?

Regards,
Thomas
Hi Thomas,

I never tried with the Mitsubishi, but that's generally possible with other robots.

@Phillip Can you tell me if this is possible with the Mitsubishi robots?

Jeremy

Hello, I verified using the mitsubishi simulator that you can still retrieve the position of the robot via the driver, you should be able to use our api to retrieve the robot position in real time after the driver is connected even while the robot is running.

MonitorJointsReal.py Located inside "C:\RoboDK\Library\Macros" by default is an example of using the driver to update the position of the robot in the simulation real time.
It worked on the simulation, it would be nice if you could confirm it also works on real robots.
Hi Phillip, Hi Jeremy,

I will test it and give feedback. However, I have 2 weeks vacation and won't be back in the office until the end of the month. I hope that the dongle has been ordered by our company by then, so that I no longer have to use the extended test version.

Best regards,

Thomas