Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Overwrite IK computation and moveL using plugin interface?

Hi, I am doing master thesis and focus on inverse kinematics and move linear for redundant robot arms.

I want to simulate a scenario using my IK library and Move linear implementation, and compare the performance with those existing ones. However i find it hard to do it with robot dk plugin interface, could someone give me some hints?
Are you trying to achieve this with Python or C++? Comparing performance would require you to use the Plug-in interface, as the API will be slowed by socket communication.
There are some examples for the Plug-in Interface available here: https://github.com/RoboDK/Plug-In-Interface
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
Thanks for the reply.

I read the plugin example. As far as I understand it, it's more like an tool that you can customize the UI and automate something.

What I want to achieve is to plug my kinematics(dynamics) library into robotdk. Which means when I create program like
moveJ(pose1);
moveL(pose2);

The plugin will use my library to do motion planning and visualize the trajectory in robotDK.

However i didnt find proper way to do that.

Could you give more hints?
It is currently not possible to use your custom kinematics for existing robots in RoboDK but you can use the API to model your robot and use RoboDK for visualization purposes.

This example contains a script that shows a proof of concept:
C:/RoboDK/Library/Example-09.a-Script-Model Robot DH-DHM Mirror Test
(05-27-2023, 09:56 AM)Albert Wrote: It is currently not possible to use your custom kinematics for existing robots in RoboDK but you can use the API to model your robot and use RoboDK for visualization purposes.

This example contains a script that shows a proof of concept:
C:/RoboDK/Library/Example-09.a-Script-Model Robot DH-DHM Mirror Test

How could I access this example -_-?
It's included in the the RoboDK installation package.
This example, also,  may help you:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/exam...t-model-dh