Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problem with the exported .src files

Hello!

I have a question regarding exporting the robot program. I've created a simulation in RoboDK and would like to export this program to .src file for my KUKA robot. However, when I click "Generate robot program", the program was separated into 23 different files and each file has only around 2000 lines, as shown in the pictures below:

Is this "maximum line per file" set by default in RoboDK? I only want to have one .src file and not many files with limited lines. Would that be possible?

Thank you and best regards,
Robo
Hi Robo,

I hope you are well. 

This is an option to avoid overflowing the internal memory of the controller. 
I'm not exactly sure how many lines yours can accept, but here's what we can do.

First, make sure that this option isn't activated:
"Tools"->"Options"->"Program"

If it isn't activated, just let me know which post-processor you are using and I'll fix that issue for you. 

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(01-26-2021, 05:30 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Robo,

I hope you are well. 

This is an option to avoid overflowing the internal memory of the controller. 
I'm not exactly sure how many lines yours can accept, but here's what we can do.

First, make sure that this option isn't activated:
"Tools"->"Options"->"Program"

If it isn't activated, just let me know which post-processor you are using and I'll fix that issue for you. 

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy!

I've checked this option and it is not activated but still limits the line numbers per file, as shown below:

I am using KUKA KRC4 post-processor.

Thank you very much!
Robo
Hi Robo, 

Here's a new post-processor. 
It's now limited to 999,999 lines, so that should be enough. 
Simply replace the file here: C:/RoboDK/Posts

I'll appreciate it if you can tell us how many lines are accepted by the KRC4 (if you do reach a limit). 

Jeremy

Attached Files
.py   KUKA_KRC4_NoLimit.py (Size: 35.64 KB / Downloads: 456)
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(01-27-2021, 04:11 AM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Robo, 

Here's a new post-processor. 
It's now limited to 999,999 lines, so that should be enough. 
Simply replace the file here: C:/RoboDK/Posts

I'll appreciate it if you can tell us how many lines are accepted by the KRC4 (if you do reach a limit). 

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you very much for this! 
I've used the new post-processor and it worked, I have 51521 lines in one file at the moment. However, I haven't had the chance to try this .src file on real KUKA yet. I'll keep you updated.

Robo
Hi Robo,

Good. I'll wait for your update.

Jeremy

(01-27-2021, 03:51 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Robo,

Good.  I'll wait for your update.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremey,

Here's a late update: I've tried the file with 50000+ lines on KUKA and it works fine! 
No problem occured until now :)

Rob
Thanks for the update Rob.

Jeremy

(04-21-2021, 07:26 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Thanks for the update Rob.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I am currently using RoboDK on MacBook, and I've also added your new "kuka_krc4_nolimit.py" post-processor into the post-processor folder of RoboDK. However, it is not possible to generate code with this post-processor, it always gives an error message, as shown below: 

Do you know what the problem is? 

(The Nolimit post-processor works really well on my Windows computer)

Best regards,
Robo
Can you show a bit more of the error message?

I'm not using MacOS and I don't have a way to test it right now.

Jeremy