Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Program Call Error

Hello,

I am trying to call in a python script to turn on and off a pump that is being used in parallel with my UR3. When I send the code to the robot I get an error stating "Error_name_not_found". I have tried adding the call command within the movements of the curve follow program as well as making sub programs as shown in the spray painting example. The error and the .RDK file are attached. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rdk   Serpentine Test Pattern 4_5_2023.rdk (Size: 5.11 MB / Downloads: 149)
Do you have the Pump Command function on the robot?

Python programs do not automatically convert into robot programs; if converted, only robolink methods are translated into the robot language.

If you want RoboDK to run the complete program (including Python), you might want to use the driver instead, however, this comes with other limitations.
(04-17-2023, 06:06 PM)Alex Wrote: Do you have the Pump Command function on the robot?

Python programs do not automatically convert into robot programs; if converted, only robolink methods are translated into the robot language.

If you want RoboDK to run the complete program (including Python), you might want to use the driver instead, however, this comes with other limitations.
I have the pump command within the script in roboDK. Would I need to include the python script within the UR3 pendent as well?

What driver would I use with the UR3 to run the python scripts within roboDK? Will the driver still work if I use the UR3 MoveP post processor?

Thank you!
(04-17-2023, 07:54 PM)rgl1396 Wrote:
(04-17-2023, 06:06 PM)Alex Wrote: Do you have the Pump Command function on the robot?

I have the pump command within the script in roboDK. Would I need to include the python script within the UR3 pendent as well?

What driver would I use with the UR3 to run the python scripts within roboDK? Will the driver still work if I use the UR3 MoveP post processor?

Thank you!

Unfortunately, the MoveP function is not compatible with drivers.

A good alternative might be converting your complete program into a python (robolink) program using setrunmode = 5.

I have created a postprocessor that converts a robodk program into a robolink python program. It is by no means complete but it can serve as a starting point. 

This post automatically converts the program and manages the rdk.Finish() for program calls.
If you do a program call "MAKE_ROBOTPROG_AND_START", it will also set that runmode on the output python file. (See modified RDK file)

Unfortunately, this might not work great for your station as it needs to break the moveP into 2 programs for the program call. You might be able to make it run if you do not have the program call in the middle of a MoveP

Feel free to explore this solution and give us any feedback

Attached Files
.py   Post_RoboLink.py (Size: 17.94 KB / Downloads: 137)
.rdk   Serpentine Test Pattern 4_5_2023_RDK.rdk (Size: 5.14 MB / Downloads: 175)