Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Python Error loading Motoman ALL.PRM files

Hello All,

I am working with a Yaskawa Motoman UP130-A00 Robot running on an XRC controller. I am trying to get it set up in RoboDK, but I got an error when trying to import the ALL.PRM file by dragging and dropping (Python script output). 

This error persisted after trying both the black and white post-processors, and trying the embedded Python interpreter as well as fresh installs of Python 2.7 and 3.11. Show below are my Options settings for my attempt with Python 2.7.

I tried creating a python program within RoboDK as shown in Section 1.1 of https://robodk.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/intr...to-install , however I received a different error message than was expected (Python output: Prog1).

These factors have led me to believe that RoboDK does not detect Python. I am not sure where I would have gone wrong on the installation, as there were very few editable options. If anyone else has experienced this, I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

I recommend you to try importing the ALL.PRM file with the latest version of RoboDK and set the Python interpreter to the Python-Embedded folder.

You can follow these steps to do so:
  1. Select Tools-Options
  2. Select the Python tab
  3. Enter this path as Python interpreter:
    C:/RoboDK/Python-Embedded/python.exe
(08-03-2023, 09:48 AM)Albert Wrote: I recommend you to try importing the ALL.PRM file with the latest version of RoboDK and set the Python interpreter to the Python-Embedded folder.

You can follow these steps to do so:
  1. Select Tools-Options
  2. Select the Python tab
  3. Enter this path as Python interpreter:
    C:/RoboDK/Python-Embedded/python.exe

Thanks for the quick response Albert. Your suggestion was the first way I tried it, with all default options in RoboDK 5.6.3. I get the same error no matter what I put as the Python Interpreter path, even leaving it completely blank.
Can you share the ALL.PRM file? We'll try to reproduce this issue.
(08-03-2023, 01:44 PM)Albert Wrote: Can you share the ALL.PRM file? We'll try to reproduce this issue.

The forum won't let me attach it, what's the best way to share it?
You can compress it to a ZIP file and attach the ZIP file.
(08-03-2023, 02:07 PM)Albert Wrote: You can compress it to a ZIP file and attach the ZIP file.

Attached

Attached Files
.zip   ALL.zip (Size: 3.41 KB / Downloads: 103)
I didn't see any issues importing your ALL.PRM file. At least the encodings error should not happen with Python 3. Are you sure you tried loading it with the Python-Embedded version of Python?

You can also try setting all settings to default:
  1. Select Tools-Options
  2. Click on Set default settings
(08-03-2023, 02:24 PM)Albert Wrote: I didn't see any issues importing your ALL.PRM file. At least the encodings error should not happen with Python 3. Are you sure you tried loading it with the Python-Embedded version of Python?

You can also try setting all settings to default:
  1. Select Tools-Options
  2. Click on Set default settings

Just tried this, still didn't work. Picture of my settings attached.

I have also tried running the default settings with all other versions of Python uninstalled.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Do you have the Motoman robot loaded in your RoboDK project before loading the ALL.PRM file?

What error message do you see?