Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

RoboDK VR

Hi, I'm a student at university currently using RoboDK for an automation project.

Today we decided to try out the VR function, we have some universal robots, a HTC Vive headset  and a digital Twin of the lab.

It's very cool to be able to manipulate the robots in VR, but is there any way to teach targets or current position through the VR simulation?

Kind regards,
Jordan.
Hi Jordan,

This is currently not possible. However, with the latest version of RoboDK you can trigger your own scripts by selecting specific objects. You can configure this in the Events section of an object. I attached a sample project that shows how to set this up.

If you want to teach a target you could do so by having an object "button" that you can point/select from your VR virtual environment which triggers your script to teach a target.

For example this would teach a new target:
Code:
RDK = Robolink()
target = RDK.AddTarget("VR Target")
Any new target you add is automatically set to the current robot position. You can also modify the pose or joints of a target using setPose and setJoints.

Albert

Attached Files
.rdk   VR Sample Events.rdk (Size: 701.28 KB / Downloads: 468)
Hi,

I try to use the RoboDK with a HTC Vive, but I can’t send out the picture tot he headset.
I try the RoboDK 4.01 with 30day Demo licenc. It can use VR or need full licenc for this or need any setup for this?
The SteamVR is on the PC and work nice.

Is there any TIP what we see to resolve this?

Best Regards,

Tibi
Hi Tibi,

VR is only supported on Windows 64 bit version of RoboDK at this moment.
Did you try with this version of RoboDK?
Did you install SteamVR and Vive Port?
What issues do you see?

Albert
Hi Tibi,

I realized there was an issue with VR and it was not working properly. We just fixed this issue with the latest version. Keep in mind that VR will only work on Windows 64 bit for now.

Albert
Hi Albert,

I am trying to add new target with VR controller. As per your guide and online manual, https://robodk.com/doc/en/Virtual-Realit...#VRactions,
I just could add target with sequence below.

a) make a script including your code.
RDK = Robolink()
b) make main program and include above script
c) connect > connect VR headset
d) grab TCP of robot by holding grab button of a VIVE controller.
e) move TCP to a position
f) (mostly the controller does not face toward a robot) So, hold trigger button of the other VIVE controller and point the trigger to a robot for starting main program
g) new target is created.

However, I do not think these are intuitive UX for making target with VR.
I'd like to add new target with trigger button of VIVE controller holding TCP in step f) of above sequence.
And I'd like to trigger specific script (adding target script), not the first program linked to a robot.

Is it possible with latest RoboDK version? Could you share a guide?

Best Regards,
HS
I recommend you to add an event object as I showed previously in this thread:
https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-RoboDK-V...15#pid4215

This object becomes a virtual button that you can trigger using the pointer (not a button in the remote). Triggering the pointer on this object would add a target. You could also add a movement to an existing program. For example:
Code:
RDK = Robolink()
# Add a target
# Add a joint move to that target:
prog = RDK.Item("Program")
prog.MoveJ(prog)
# Optionally trigger the program simulation:
prog.RunProgram()
Triggering the pointer on a robot would start the first program linked to that robot.
Hi Albert,

Thanks to your guide, my second query (I'd like to trigger specific script, not the first program linked to a robot) was resolved.
How about first one? Can I add target when I just hold a button in the remote controller?

HS
Thank you for letting me know.
No, it is not possible to create a target with a button at this moment.