Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RoboDK as an Elfin or Aubo programming interface?

Hi,

I understand that robodk provide a convienient programming interface for well known robots. I see it also as an interresting robot abstraction layer able to help a lot with most robot processes for these manufacturers.

Few questions about others since we think about challenging our UR based system:

Is it possible to program new/cheaper robot like Elfin or Aubo iX with robodk now?
I mean: is robodk able to generate a robot-specific low-level or high-level program for them?
If not, is it planned on the roadmap?

Thank you.

Regards,
Alex
Hi Alex,

All robots are equally supported in RoboDK, however, some limitations may apply depending on the robot you have.

You'll find Aubo and Elfin HAN's robots in RoboDK's library:
https://robodk.com/library
You should not have any issues with Aubo and the default post processor. We are also adding the option to run CSV files for AUBO robots (smoother paths). We don't have a post for Elfin robots yet but if you can share a programming manual and some program examples we can add it.

We still don't have drivers for these robots (option to communicate directly with the PC). I'm not sure if this is an option but we look forward to adding it if it is.

Albert
(05-29-2019, 10:29 PM)Albert Wrote: Hi Alex,

All robots are equally supported in RoboDK, however, some limitations may apply depending on the robot you have.

You'll find Aubo and Elfin HAN's robots in RoboDK's library:
https://robodk.com/library
You should not have any issues with Aubo and the default post processor. We are also adding the option to run CSV files for AUBO robots (smoother paths). We don't have a post for Elfin robots yet but if you can share a programming manual and some program examples we can add it.

We still don't have drivers for these robots (option to communicate directly with the PC). I'm not sure if this is an option but we look forward to adding it if it is.

Albert

Hi,

Do you still have plans to work post processor for Elfin? 

-samktki
Hi Sam,

If there's some interest from a RoboDK professional license owner, we can take a look at it.
As the thread was never answered by the original users, Albert's answer still stands as is.

"if you can share a programming manual and some program examples we can add it"
Afterward, you need to be willing to run some tests with us.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(11-02-2020, 04:18 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Sam,

If there's some interest from a RoboDK professional license owner, we can take a look at it.
As the thread was never answered by the original users, Albert's answer still stands as is.

"if you can share a programming manual and some program examples we can add it"
Afterward, you need to be willing to run some tests with us.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy 
https://elfincollaborativerobot.eu/en/el...manuals-en

Tim
Hi Jeremy!
Our company sells HAN's elfin series. As we have some good experience with RoboDK, we are planning to sell these robots with optional RoboDK as a package. Would you help us with making the post processor for the elfin robots if we provide the programming manual and run the tests? We have a RoboDK professional license.

Thank you in advance,
Krisztian
Some conversation started recently with HAN's directly, I will keep you posted.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Thank you for the quick reply. I look forward to the progress.

Krisztian
Hi Jeremy!

Do you have any news or progress about the post processor?
We could benefit from some "beta version" also. It would be very useful in our future presentations.

Thank you in advance,

Krisztian
Hi Krisztian,

This is still in our backlog, but we've made progress towards having one to test with.
We can get in touch if you are willing to test the beta versions of the post and driver.
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.