Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RoboDk driver for ABB GoFa

Hi,
I'm trying to connect my ABB GoFa robot to RoboDK , I followed this thread:
https://robodk.com/forum/Thread-RoboDK-driver-for-ABB 
I downloaded the mod files.
But when I transfer the the mod files through robot studio , and try to load the modules , the module selector only allows modx and other sysx  types. 

Even when I try to run the program from the data types , it gives me an error due to semantic errors?

Can you please advise?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Do you have more information about the semantic errors?

Did you try loading the socket version of the driver? I see you tried loading the serial one.
(02-22-2023, 09:28 AM)Albert Wrote: Do you have more information about the semantic errors?

Did you try loading the socket version of the driver? I see you tried loading the serial one.

Hi Albert,

I was able to run it and connect to RoboDk using the socket.
But I noticed as the program has Main  and there is a plug in that has also a main script they both cant be modules in the same controller so I have to delete one for the other to work? Any suggestions to avoid deleting either everytime I need to use them?
You should use one module or the other, not both at the same time. One module uses socket communication (Ethernet cable) and the other uses Serial communication (RS232 port). They should both be available in your ABB IRC5 controller.

The socket communication option (Ethernet cable) may require a paid option in the controller.