Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TCP orientation for drilling operations

Hi!

I'm working on setting up a drilling operation for an ABB 1200. The program is to drill a series of holes at four different angles. Depending on which holes are being drilled and their respective angles, the TCP rotation about the Z-axis needs to change to allow for clearance of the spindle above the stock and the workbench. Is it possible to allow the TCP to rotate freely about the Z-axis? Or can I assign different TCPs in the same program to accomplish this?

Very new to robot programming so please forgive any errors in my description of what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks!

Max

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi there,

In tools -> Options -> CAM, there a check box called "Allow automatic collision avoidance".

Try checking this box and re-updating your "Point follow project".
(Note that the calculation time can take some time with this option)

Let me know if it helps.
Have a great day.

Jeremy
Thanks! I checked that box and updated my toolpath but that didn't change anything. Can you clarify what you mean by "point follow project"? I am working with CAM that was imported directly from Fusion 360.
Ho, sorry, I thought you were using another method.

Can you send me your Fusion and RDK file?
You can just attach them to your post.

Have a great day and a great weekend.
Jeremy
The forum denied that attachment stating that it is a file type that isn't allowed, is there another way I can share it with you?
.rdk   GOA.rdk (Size: 5.37 MB / Downloads: 440)  - also, an unrelated problem I am running into is not being able to simulate the code from RoboDK in Robot Studio
You may have to implement the following 2 functions:
  • SetTool: allows you to trigger a tool change, if required
  • SetRPM: allows you to control the RPM of your spindle
If you are just running a test and you prefer not to integrate tool changing and spindle RPM control you can just remove these 2 lines. You can also remove the event that triggers this call in the program events menu.

By the way, I see you attached an RDK file. If the file format you are trying to send is not allowed you can compress it to a ZIP folder and attach it.
Thanks Albert - I appreciate the help!