Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tilt Curve Normals for Curve Follow Project

Attached picture:

1. The left is the original A10 curve. (curve follow project exported from Fusion 360)
  2. The right is the tilted A10 curve, after applying "Tilt Curve Normals" with 40 degree.
Questions:
  1. Why would A10 curve just got partial curve tilted after applying "tilt curve normals"?
  2. How to correctly tilt all points of A10 curve?
  3. How to inspect the tilt degree for selected curve?
I recommend you to use Tools-Modify curves to modify a curve. You should be able to modify curves uniformly or using a gradient.

It would be easier if you can share your RDK project file with the curves on it.
(03-25-2021, 06:24 PM)Albert Wrote: I recommend you to use Tools-Modify curves to modify a curve. You should be able to modify curves uniformly or using a gradient.

It would be easier if you can share your RDK project file with the curves on it.

The following is the screenshot for my "Modify Curves". A40 is a robot-holds-object curve. I would like to tilt this curve. However, I can't figure out how to do it with "Tools->Modify Curves". Please point out the usage for this tool.

It seems like I might be able to do curve tilt with Path to tool offset . The orientation could be adjusted with rotz(). If we would like to do both rotate and tilt, should we do it with "rotz(10)*rotx(5)" ?

The RDK project file is attached as RDKEVAL.rdk

-Yishin

Attached Files
.rdk   RDKEVAL.rdk (Size: 1.66 MB / Downloads: 341)
Hi ysli,

You can modify the tilt manually by going into the Tools->Modifiy curves option and by clicking on the arrows on the curve. 
If you want the tilt to be at a very precise angle, you create a plan in fusion and when importing the curve to RoboDK, select both the curve and the plan. 
The normal of the curve will be normal to the selected plan.

You can also change the Path to tool offset script to default and have the option to offset the x y z a b c values intead of only the z rotation. 

Olivier

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your clarification. I learned how to use both "Modify curves" and "Path to tool offset"

-Yishin