Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UR10 force() mode

On the UR10 I can use the force function force() to halt the robot when it finds the part. What's the easiest way to replicate this on RoboDK? My guess is that I need a python script with the position of the part and a loop checking the force() variable. Is there an easier way?

Thanks in advance,

Alan
Hi Alan,

Do you mean just replicate this behavior in the simulation environment?
If so, checking for a "collision" could be a good approach.

Jeremy
(10-12-2020, 03:07 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Hi Alan,

Do you mean just replicate this behavior in the simulation environment?
If so, checking for a "collision" could be a good approach.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the reply. I'm programming a UR10 and RoboDK has been excellent so far but I'd like to use the force mode of the UR10 and I'd like to run the program exclusively from RoboDK (that's what I've been doing up until now - i.e. I'm not transferring programs then running from the teach pendant).

The force mode seems relatively easy to use on the UR10 so I'd like to take advantage of it in RoboDK. I want to send the robot to a target but also monitor the force() function as it does so. 

Many thanks,

Alan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello, I ´m in a similar problem.
I need to program from roboDK that my UR-5 stops at the moment it detects a greater force (for example 1 N).
How could I do it?
Thanks
Are you using the driver or post-processing your program?

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

Hi Jeremy.
I need to make a program in roboDK and then send the program directly to the robot UR-5.
Thanks!
The easiest solution would be for you to look at the script programming manual of UR, figure out the command you need and add it as an "Insert code" in a program cal in your RDK program.

"Insert code" will simply add the text you give it in your final program.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

I want that during the execution of the program, the robot stops for 2 seconds when it detects a force greater than 1.5 Newton and then continues.
Doing it directly from RoboDK and sending it to the robot, I can't get it to stop. What am I doing wrong?
I attach my robodk file.

Greetings and thank you.

Attached Files
.rdk   PIEZA PRUEBA 310322.rdk (Size: 7.23 MB / Downloads: 200)
In addition to my previous query, I would like to create in python a program that would take the current value of my robot and move me, for example, 10 mm in the X axis with respect to this last position. I have written these lines of code but it gives me an error.  I attach the program.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

Attached Files
.py   MOVE_INCREMENTAL.py (Size: 587 bytes / Downloads: 180)
Sending a program from RoboDK to the UR controller and controlling the robot from RoboDK are not the same.

Are you using "run on robot" or "generate/sent program"?

The code you sent does not make sense as you wrote UR script code in a Python environment.
Python doesn't know "get_actual_tco_pose()" for example.

Jeremy