Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UR10e with gripper

Hi Jeremy and others,

I created two models of ‘UR10e+Robotiq gripper’ which ran well in RoboDK for virtual simulation. However, it reported errors when I copies and loaded into UR teach pendant. It seems that the main program (associated to UR arm) cannot call the subprogram of gripper properly as the latter has not been defined in the script. I am wondering if you could revise my models to the workable ones so that I will know what the correct models should look like?

{I just read the other similar thread and tried to 'insert code'  for subprogram but could not see any differences in the script. Not sure if it may work in the physical UR arm}.

I can confirm that other RoboDK programs of UR10e (without gripper) worked well in the physical UR arm so it must be the problem of the gripper.

Thank you very much. 

Attached Files
.rdk   New Station picknplace 1.1.rdk (Size: 3.68 MB / Downloads: 333)
.rdk   New Station picknplace 2.1.rdk (Size: 3.83 MB / Downloads: 349)
There're a few ways around that.
The easiest would be to, after the simulation satisfies you, replace the content of the "ProgGripOpen" and "ProGripClose" with the insert code you found.

Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(12-10-2021, 12:45 PM)Jeremy Wrote: There're a few ways around that.
The easiest would be to, after the simulation satisfies you, replace the content of the "ProgGripOpen" and "ProGripClose" with the insert code you found.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you very much for your reply.

My apologies but I am afraid that I have not fully understood your advice yet. From what you said, I thought that there seem two options.

1. I could 'generate robot programme' of "ProgGripperOpen" and "ProGripperClose" respectively and then copy and paste the codes to replace the two lines of 'ProgGripperOpen()' and 'ProgGripperClose()', respectively.

2. I still need to 'generate robot programme' of "ProgGripperOpen" and "ProGripperClose" respectively. But what I should do is to copy the full codes and paste in the bottom of main program 'Progpick5' as the definition of 'ProgGripperOpen()' and 'ProgGripperClose()'.

Could you please let me know if my thoughts make any sense. Thank you very much.

Ruoyu
Both the options you stated work.

Mine is a third one (there are often many ways to reach the same goal).

I think I would do it in RoboDK so that if I need to regenerate the program more than once (modifications) I wouldn't have to modify the generated code once again.
Jeremy
Find useful information about RoboDK and its features by visiting our Online Documentation and by watching tutorials on our Youtube Channel

(12-13-2021, 08:56 PM)Jeremy Wrote: Both the options you stated work.

Mine is a third one  (there are often many ways to reach the same goal).

I think I would do it in RoboDK so that if I need to regenerate the program more than once (modifications) I wouldn't have to modify the generated code once again.
Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

Thank you very much. I was just aware that, exactly the same as what you mentioned, I'd better do it in RoboDK to get straightforward URP files (I had firewall issue so can only copy URP files to run the UR arm). I am wondering if you could kindly provide the step-by-step instruction to do that? Or is there any chance that you could simply modify one of my uploaded models and send back to me? 

Kind regards

Ruoyu
In your "ProgGripperOpen"
1 - Delete the MoveJ
2 - Right-click the program -> Add instruction -> Program call
3 - New window will appear -> In the dropdown menu that says "Program call" -> Select "Insert Code"
4 - Type your piece of code in the text box -> Press OK
5 - That's it.

(12-15-2021, 09:16 PM)Jeremy Wrote: In your "ProgGripperOpen"
1 - Delete the MoveJ
2 - Right-click the program -> Add instruction -> Program call
3 - New window will appear -> In the dropdown menu that says "Program call" -> Select "Insert Code"
4 - Type your piece of code in the text box -> Press OK
5 - That's it.

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you very much.

I am trying this on-site but just feel a little confused about Step 4. I expected to see the script file name of 'ProgGripperOpen' (which I had created separately) showing in the 'select a programme' but it didn't (see photo attached). So I tried two options:
1. type in the 'ProgGripperOpen' file name in the text box,
2. copy and paste the full context of the code of 'ProgGripperOpen' into the text box.
Sorry but neither of method worked. It would be much appreciated if you could clarify Step 4 a little bit more. Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards

Ruoyu

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

When you have "insert code" selected, you shouldn't press "Select program"
You should enter manually the line of code you want to see in the final program when you "right-click"->"Generate program"
You need to find the line from the "script" language.

Jeremy

(12-17-2021, 01:41 PM)Jeremy Wrote: When you have "insert code" selected, you shouldn't press "Select program"
You should enter manually the line of code you want to see in the final program when you "right-click"->"Generate program"
You need to find the line from the "script" language.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Happy New Year and thanks so much for your help.

I just picked up this task again and will try as advised. However, I am afraid that I still do not fully understood what you said 'You should enter manually the line of code you want to see in the final program'. My questions are:
---Does 'the line of code' means the whole script code to define ProgGripperopen or ProgGripperClose (say, from 'def ProgGripperOpen():' until 'end')?
---Where exactly shall I enter 'the line of code'?

I attached the new RoboDK file in which I tried to do as advised but not sure if it is correct or not so it would be much appreciated if you could have a look.

Kind regards

Ruoyu

Attached Files
.rdk   New Station picknplace 1 - Copy.rdk (Size: 3.69 MB / Downloads: 287)
If you were to write the UR .script file manually, you would have to call a function at some point to open the gripper right?
If you look at the doc of the gripper, you should find that function.

What is it?