Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unable to move xARM 6 reference frame

I have real UFactory xARM 6 robots and have used them in RoboDK station programs successfully in the past. 

Currently, when I simply add robot to station and attempt to reposition TCP I am unable to perform any movement and at bottom of RoboDK screen I get a message.  'There is no solution for the requested position.'

When I attempt to move robot using UFactory xARM 6 Panel, using Joint Axis Jog, even though all sliders move, when I adjust joints 2 & 3 the robot does not move and no message on screen.

I used a station I created some time ago, that included uFactory xArm6, and am able to successfully move all available reference frames, and joints.
However, I do notice that I can easily get message 'There is no solution for the requested position.' but it does not prevent movement to readjust robot.
Do you mean that something changed with the uFactory xArm 6 robot model or RoboDK itself?

Could you send us the RDK project file that works? Or let us know if this was a specific version of RoboDK that worked and we now broke backwards compatibility.
(09-21-2022, 07:34 AM)Albert Wrote: Do you mean that something changed with the uFactory xArm 6 robot model or RoboDK itself?

Could you send us the RDK project file that works? Or let us know if this was a specific version of RoboDK that worked and we now broke backwards compatibility.

I use RoboDK with students and had no issues with xArm 6 library download with a version of RoboDK used 1 year ago.
Not sure if it is an issue with latest RoboDK version or xArm 6 library download. 
Simply starting a new station, only adding uFactory xArm 6 download using version 5.4 and 5.5, produces a robot whose tool reference frames can not be moved.  

I tracked down a station .rdk from last year that only included xArm 6 and it seems to operate as expected.

Attached Files
.rdk   xArm6 Base - Fall'21.rdk (Size: 1.33 MB / Downloads: 177)
Awaiting any guidance on this post since actively attempting to use xArm 6 with RoboDK Stations and experiencing limitations. Thanks for considering.
Can you try with the latest version, available here?
https://robodk.com/robot/uFactory/xArm6

Whether I use your station or the current xArm6, I have the same behaviour (everything works, some non-blocking 'There is no solution for the requested position.').
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.