Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

View Manager not working as expected - "Python script failed"

I was following a newbie tutorial and tried to use View Manager. The tutorial appears to be slightly out of date but I managed to add the "Apps List" functionality and use this to enable View Manager such that it appeared at the bottom of the View drop down menu.

But clicking on it I got the error shown in the attached image (jpeg, screen clipping).
Can you try with the latest version, available here?
https://robodk.com/addin/com.robodk.app.viewmanager
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
Thanks Sam, that seems to have fixed it in that the error message did NOT appear and the View Manager menu did.
I will have a play with this feature later as I need to get back to my day job!
All the best.
I have downloaded and installed Shape Add-In from the ROBODK online library and when I opened it from ROBODK I get a warning saying that the phyton script has failed.

I would like to know how to solve it. Thank you

Attached Files Image(s)

You can install the Python requirements needed for an add-in by right-clicking it in the Add-in Manager, and using "Install requirements..".
This should install PySide2.
(08-24-2023, 10:52 AM)M_SPM Wrote: I have downloaded and installed Shape Add-In from the ROBODK online library and when I opened it from ROBODK I get a warning saying that the phyton script has failed.

I have been looking at the information offered by ROBODK in the Add-in part. From what I see the AddinManager plugin has to be activated and it doesn't even appear to me. If I click load Plug-in cannot see AddinManager .dll

I understand that I have to activate this plugin and then I could do what you tell me.

How can I activate this plugging?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Add-in Manager comes with recent versions of RoboDK.
If your licence is under maintenance, make sure to update to a recent version of RoboDK.
(08-25-2023, 07:25 AM)M_SPM Wrote:
(08-24-2023, 10:52 AM)M_SPM Wrote: I have downloaded and installed Shape Add-In from the ROBODK online library and when I opened it from ROBODK I get a warning saying that the phyton script has failed.

I have been looking at the information offered by ROBODK in the Add-in part. From what I see the AddinManager plugin has to be activated and it doesn't even appear to me. If I click load Plug-in cannot see AddinManager .dll

I understand that I have to activate this plugin and then I could do what you tell me.

I updated the version and I can see the Add-in Manager. When I try to instal "com_robodk_app_shape.rdkp", I get the following message. Is neccesary to have a license to use this Add-in? Thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

You can update RoboDK and the add-ins of our library with a license under maintenance.
The same conditions applied to RoboDK for updates is applied to the add-ins.

You can find more information on the Add-in Manager here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Add-ins.html#AddinManager
(08-28-2023, 07:02 AM)M_SPM Wrote:
(08-25-2023, 07:25 AM)M_SPM Wrote:

I updated the version and I can see the Add-in Manager. When I try to instal "com_robodk_app_shape.rdkp", I get the following message. Is neccesary to have a license to use this Add-in? Thanks

Thank you very much for your help. I achieved what I needed