Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can’t connect Techman to Mac due to no admin privileges

I can’t connect to my TM5-900. I have Mac M1 with Ventura 13.2.1. The ping is successful. I have the interpreter as python3 and editor as: "/Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app/bin/code". RoboDK wants to load or install pyside2 and pymodbus but can’t due to lack of administrator privileges. I have already installed pyside2 and pymodbus and can’t understand why it wouldn’t work. I’ll attach the error message and screenshots. Hoping you can help me! Is it because of the command line tool?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   Error msg when connecting.pdf (Size: 40.26 KB / Downloads: 162)
Can you run the following commands in a separate console without errors?

/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/python3 -m pip install PySide2==5.15.*
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/python3 -m pip install pymodbus
Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting!
Find useful information about RoboDK by visiting our Online Documentation.
(03-10-2023, 01:31 PM)Sam Wrote: Can you run the following commands in a separate console without errors?

/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/python3 -m pip install PySide2==5.15.*

No I can’t because Python is in the Frameworks file, not in the developer file. I have tried to move the path for so long now I think everything is just a blur and a mess.
(03-10-2023, 03:02 PM)Matan Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 01:31 PM)Sam Wrote: Can you run the following commands in a separate console without errors?

No I can’t because Python is in the Frameworks file, not in the developer file. I have tried to move the path for so long now I think everything is just a blur and a mess.

Ok, I figured it out! I reinstalled conda, initalized and activated it. Fixed the paths.

I can now connect to the Techman. But if I try to run a program I get «ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pymodbus.client.sync'». The funny thing is that the robot still moves with the test-program I use, but the program stops. Pymodbus is installed and upgraded, but __feature__.py can’t find pymodbus.client.sync because it doesn’t exist on my computer. I upgraded the prompt_toolkit to no avail.

What do I do now?

Attached Files
.pdf   RoboDK error issue.pdf (Size: 18.37 KB / Downloads: 157)
You should install the pymodbus module on the new version of Python.

Example:
Code:
cd /Users/marianneandersen/opt/anaconda3/lib/python3.9/
cd Scripts (I'm not sure if this is needed)
pip install pymodbus
(03-11-2023, 02:51 PM)Albert Wrote: You should install the pymodbus module on the new version of Python.

Example:
Code:
cd /Users/marianneandersen/opt/anaconda3/lib/python3.9/
cd Scripts (I'm not sure if this is needed)
pip install pymodbus

I have already done that. 

(base) MacBook-Pro:python3.9 marianneandersen$ pip install pymodbus
Requirement already satisfied: pymodbus in ./site-packages (3.2.0)
Requirement already satisfied: setuptools<66.0.0 in ./site-packages (from pymodbus) (63.4.1)
Ok. I have done a lot of research today. Seems that the pymodbus version 3.2 removed the client.sync. Makes sense. Should I just downgrade until you update the TM-driver?
Thank you for your feedback.

Does it work if you simply use an older version of pymodbus?
(03-14-2023, 09:56 AM)Albert Wrote: Thank you for your feedback.

Does it work if you simply use an older version of pymodbus?

Yes it does! Pymodbus 2.5.3 is good to use there. A good tips to the other Parallells users out there who wants to use TM Flow with the listen node, use bridged network mode on Parallels, and make sure to remember the previous/original IP adresses, DNS servers, submasks etc. I gave myself a lot of extra work there.

But then I get the next problem, haha! Today I have tried only with the computer, so no Parallels, as I do not have the physical robot beside me until Thursday. It seems now that the problem left is the post-processor? I have tried with the different programs and robots from the training sessions. The other robots work fine, I get the script, simulation, generate programs and everything.

But with three different TMs, I have gotten two different outputs (probably because one has an output to give), when I press "Generate program as". I have tried all the different Omron post processors and all Techman post processors. On my program and 07H - Robot Sync - Depalletizing, I get this:

Failed to generate program "Rob1Depalletizing" using the Post Processor "Omron"
Post processor path:/Users/marianneandersen/RoboDK/RoboDK.app/Contents/Posts/Omron.py
2023-03-14 13:59:04.067 python3[8419:200361] +[CATransaction synchronize] called within transaction

Python Post Processor process exit code: 0

On the program 07E - Simulation tool, I get this:
Failed to generate program "MainProgram" using the Post Processor "Omron_FerRobotics"
Post processor path:/Users/marianneandersen/RoboDK/RoboDK.app/Contents/Posts/Omron_FerRobotics.py
2023-03-14 14:00:50.666 python3[8434:201374] +[CATransaction synchronize] called within transaction

Process output:
Using Python version: sys.version_info(major=3, minor=9, micro=13, releaselevel='final', serial=0)
RoboDK Post Processor: /Users/marianneandersen/RoboDK/RoboDK.app/Contents/Posts
Total instructions: 296
Done instruction: 50
Done instruction: 100
Done instruction: 150
Done instruction: 200
Done instruction: 250

Python Post Processor process exit code: 0

I tried researching the error, and short said, it boils down to a bug in MacOs Ventura(13+). I will try to see if I can find something, but if you guys know anything there it would be super nice. Let me know if you need any reports or anything! Short summary of conclusion from Stackoverflow:
"Unfortunately it is a [color=var(--theme-link-color-visited)]bug that arose in macOS Ventura (13.0+).
[/color]
The bug arises from [color=var(--theme-link-color-visited)]NSOpenPanel, the builtin API for creating file dialogs, and throws a message straight to the stderr of the process.[/color]

Bug reports were opened in multiple languages, among them [url=https://github.com/python/cpython/issues/101895] Python, but it is up to Apple to fix it.
You can attempt a workaround by changing the default stderr of the Python executable and filtering those messages out, but frankly I'd just leave it as is."

Edit: I found this on the apple developer forum, some have found that reverting the mysql back to 8.0.31 is working. I can't do that, but maybe something for you to look in to: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/724378
I did it!

The error codes because of the C: file (which does not exist on Mac) was still searched for because of Parallels. So you have to block the sharing procedure in the control center. There were something else I did with python as well but I can't recall it. I hope this helps someone at least on the way if they are struggle with the same thing!

Thank you for your patience.